TaterSaurus

Hello. Not too long ago I went to Green Mill Run (Greenville, NC) and found this tooth. Now I found my regular shark teeth, and even alligator teeth, but never did I find one of these (pictured). I was hoping someone could identify. It is 1.5" long.Thanks!

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

+1 for Enchodus. 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

I agree, that Enchodus "fang".
Big one!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Nice enchodus from GMR!!  sometimes you will come across these within the material you find those, I didn't realize they were part of the root/jaw structure when I was collecting them until I found my first enchodus tooth/fang  and ID'd it etc - just a heads up not to throw these things aside if you come across them, they are pretty neat. Also, if you use a 1/4 inch screen in that aged material, you can find some pretty awesome fish skulls with amazingly preserved detail - but it's TEDIOUS to sort through a 1/4 at GMR and turn over every piece to possible see one!  I copied a photo from some other post b/c I couldn't find my own but it's the middle item here that's usually part of Enchodus: I am waiting on the day I find one WITH the tooth/fang attached - I may startle some people with my joyful shouts HAHA!

See the source image

• I found this Informative 1

Thank you so much for identifying it for me! Always something new for me to learn and discover.