Sadness

sTamprockcoin

6 hours ago, Harry Pristis said:

Well, something is working in Morocco.  I got a cash advance on a credit card in Erfoud -- $5,000US in dirhams -- at a small bank.  There was a long, curving line of local men (of course, men) watching the cashier count out the cash.  I was a bit apprehensive, but never felt actually unsafe walking around with all that cash.  (I did the same thing in Georgetown, Guyana, in a more private setting, and I was very, very nervous.  But then, I never felt safe in Guyana.)

People may 'rob' tourists by overcharging, cheating and lying , but actual robberies of serious stuff or lots of money are very rare indeed, the police response to an attack on a foreigner is much, much more intensive and the punishments more severe than if they rob a Moroccan. 

I had a phone stolen by kids, but that's all in 13 years, wifey wanders alone through the town, even in the dark and i am not worried, which I would be if we were in the UK (or the USA, I think). 

Nowhere's 100% safe, but it's fairly safe here. :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Sorry to hear. I know I'd be livid if it were me. I've had items stolen from the back of my jeep once because the locks were busted on the trunk. I know that familiar sting all too well. 

• Fossildude19 locked this topic

Archived