i.amsherlocked

Hello, I was out near central alberta the other day and I found two different specimens (I'll post the other one in a different thread). I doubt you'll be able to tell me what dinosaur it came from but I was hoping the type of bone could be identified? I found it at a wash out area at the bottom of a canyon.
IMG_3081.thumb.jpg.72dbb69228f23d2c67cce6a7bbdcf2cb.jpgIMG_3082.thumb.jpg.2f3aff5ac87eb6dbc5e70e8ff3a63cb8.jpg

Edited by i.amsherlocked

Any idea the type/ dinosaur the vertebrae could be from? There were quite a bit of large unidentifiable dino chunks in close proximity

Edited by i.amsherlocked

With a chunk like that I doubt you could put a name on it. A location would help with identification though as that might give some possible candidates.

I agree that this looks like a chunk of a vertebra. I'd go further and say that this looks like the back of the neural arch of a possibly dorsal vertebra, with part of the dorsal spine and postzygapophyses preserved. It's hard to tell, but the dorsal spine might not be too much broken off near the tip. That would make it a rather short spine and would possibly help in identification or placement in the spine. But a better photo is needed to properly see how well preserved the dorsal spine is and how complete it is, or if it's damaged and the rounded look is because of erosion.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

IMG_3100.thumb.jpg.33eb159e05d13a26b9dd0022291455ae.jpgIMG_3097.thumb.jpg.887750c8c7fdb877ddb3807219bff954.jpg

Location was in between calgary and drumheller alberta off the beaten path