i.amsherlocked

Theres a few pictures so I'll upload them in seperate posts. Anyways, I was hunting in the Edmonton ravine area and found odd shaped specimen. Based on the shape I'm pretty sure its a fossil, its just awfully dense. I know for a fact that within 1km Edmontosaurs have been found.

I'll post photos of the location too since you can clearly see the layers of rock, I'm just not sure what exactly im looking at.

IIMG_3138.thumb.jpg.ab34f38db9d231115769aa71a9f80735.jpgIMG_3135.thumb.jpg.5d4a868aa65d7c2e9c30df5139159464.jpgIMG_3137.thumb.jpg.19e89f787c2d5e093298566166502973.jpg

If i go back there should I be looking above or below the coal seem for more fossils?

You are most likely in the Horseshoe Canyon Formation since exposures go through Edmonton.

If you look at the figure provided by AGS it shows the coal seam at the top of the Horseshoe so I would check below. 

fg24_10.thumb.jpg.9926f8fa1f3cd184de3bb5b4abe2eb14.jpg

• I found this Informative 4

Great, hope you find something

Here is a better look at where the HCF is exposed, good luck.  Keep an out out for Theropod teeth.

Screenshot_2018-07-06-12-06-38.thumb.jpg.dbba59f3b71fef1cfcaadea229fba589.jpg

• I found this Informative 3

That outcrop looks nice! I wonder if there are microfossils in it. Please show us what you find! Good luck! 

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

6 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

That outcrop looks nice! I wonder if there are microfossils in it. Please show us what you find! Good luck! 

Probably are but you cannot dig or carry out matrix.  Might find exposed or washed out Albertosaurus teeth which would be the easiest to spot.

• I found this Informative 4

5 hours ago, Troodon said:

Probably are but you cannot dig or carry out matrix.  Might find exposed or washed out Albertosaurus teeth which would be the easiest to spot.

You can take out individual fossils, but not any matrix?!  Strange regulations.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

20 hours ago, caldigger said:

Dinosaur park, MD has the same rules. Of course they keep the fossils. If they see you so much as brush the ground with your hand, your in for a scolding.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

20 hours ago, caldigger said:

It is the same in more and more places in France, you can't dig, even with a little spoon, but you can gather.

• I found this Informative 1

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg