Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Vieira

Thanks for sharing :dinothumb:

 

Amazing finds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PaleoNoel

Awesome finds! Do certain quarries allow you to keep the crocodile teeth and others don't? If I ever go to Europe, that area is one I definitely must visit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
doushantuo

Seb,you do find amazing stuff,and that from a classic locality.

I am wearing a panoply of hats,just so I can take them ALL off for you :dinosmile:

kalkplatten rocks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WhodamanHD

All those fossil are great! Nice job:dinothumb:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manticocerasman

Great finds Sebastian. Especialy the tooth. :yay-smiley-1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
belemniten
2 hours ago, Vieira said:

Thanks for sharing :dinothumb:

 

Amazing finds.

Thanks :D
 

 

2 hours ago, PaleoNoel said:

Awesome finds! Do certain quarries allow you to keep the crocodile teeth and others don't? If I ever go to Europe, that area is one I definitely must visit.

 

Thanks :) In this quarry you can keep them but in another quarry, in the visitor quarry Mühlheim you have to sign a contract that you must leave all reptile fossils. But I think that in all the other quarries you can keep all your finds except when they value more than 5000€.

 

1 hour ago, doushantuo said:

Seb,you do find amazing stuff,and that from a classic locality.

I am wearing a panoply of hats,just so I can take them ALL off for you :dinosmile:

kalkplatten rocks!

Thanks Ben :ighappy::1-SlapHands_zpsbb015b76:

 

1 hour ago, WhodamanHD said:

All those fossil are great! Nice job:dinothumb:

Thanks for the kind words :)
 

6 minutes ago, Manticocerasman said:

Great finds Sebastian. Especialy the tooth. :yay-smiley-1:

Thanks Kevin ! Which one do you mean? :D :D

 

I posted them on another forum to ID these two teeth so lets see to which animal they belonged. Especially the second tooth is quite a mystery (for me):

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PaleoNoel
14 minutes ago, belemniten said:

In this quarry you can keep them but in another quarry, in the visitor quarry Mühlheim you have to sign a contract that you must leave all reptile fossils. But I think that in all the other quarries you can keep all your finds except when they value more than 5000€.

What was the name of this quarry? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
belemniten
2 minutes ago, PaleoNoel said:

What was the name of this quarry? 

The quarry I visited? It was the visitor quarry "Untere Haardt" in Solnhofen.

 

Here is a german website with an overview of the five visitor quarries in the area:
https://www.naturpark-altmuehltal.de/fossiliensuche/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ludwigia

You did very well to find those teeth in my opinion. I'd say on the average you need to do at least 20 digs if not more to get a decent fish there, so don't despair. Sorry, can't help with id.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PaleoNoel
17 minutes ago, belemniten said:

"Untere Haardt" in Solnhofen.

Thanks i'll do some research.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ynot

More niceness!

You sure do good when You go there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
belemniten
11 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

You did very well to find those teeth in my opinion. I'd say on the average you need to do at least 20 digs if not more to get a decent fish there, so don't despair. Sorry, can't help with id.

Thanks Roger! Oh 20 digs? :blink: 

 

11 hours ago, PaleoNoel said:

Thanks i'll do some research.

Good luck! 

 

10 hours ago, ynot said:

More niceness!

You sure do good when You go there.

Thanks :D 

 

The first tooth seems to be a Steneosaurus tooth and the other one is also a croc tooth. Perhaps its a tooth of Metriorhynchus sp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ludwigia
5 minutes ago, belemniten said:

Thanks Roger! Oh 20 digs? :blink:

Maybe more, maybe less. Luck plays a huge role here even when you know your layers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
belemniten
19 minutes ago, Ludwigia said:

Maybe more, maybe less. Luck plays a huge role here even when you know your layers.

Ok so I will try it in the near future again! You already was there a few times or?

 

I also found an ammonite there:

 

1.thumb.JPG.b1ebf8fcc595f59cb940fdea5dddf79c.JPG

 

Its about 5 cm and I love it :wub::D Can you help me with determining @Ludwigia? A Taramelliceras?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ludwigia
18 minutes ago, belemniten said:

Ok so I will try it in the near future again! You already was there a few times or?

Yup. Nothing much to show for it, though.

 

19 minutes ago, belemniten said:

 

1.thumb.JPG.b1ebf8fcc595f59cb940fdea5dddf79c.JPG

 

Its about 5 cm and I love it :wub::D Can you help me with determining @Ludwigia? A Taramelliceras?

Looks like it. Dunno which species, though. Nicely preserved for the area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
belemniten
9 minutes ago, Ludwigia said:

Yup. Nothing much to show for it, though.

 

Looks like it. Dunno which species, though. Nicely preserved for the area.

OK thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DanKurek

Awesome finds mate! Especially the ammonite. Quite unusual :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Monica

That is indeed an amazing-looking ammonite - I love how you can clearly see all of the suture lines!!!  Congratulations!!! :ammonite01::wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
belemniten
6 hours ago, DanKurek said:

Awesome finds mate! Especially the ammonite. Quite unusual :P

Thanks :D

 

4 hours ago, Monica said:

That is indeed an amazing-looking ammonite - I love how you can clearly see all of the suture lines!!!  Congratulations!!! :ammonite01::wub:

Thank you Monica!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tidgy's Dad

Nice finds! 

Love the Laevaptychus and the ammonite at the end. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
belemniten
8 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Nice finds! 

Love the Laevaptychus and the ammonite at the end. :)

Thanks Adam :1-SlapHands_zpsbb015b76:

The Ammonite was a very lucky find! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
belemniten
17 hours ago, rodrex said:

wow, nice finds

Thanks @rodrex :dinothumb:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Natalie81

Love those teeth! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×