Organizing Collection/ ID Help

Masp

18 minutes ago, Masp said:

So regarding the fossils marked red, the fossil on the left is a piece that I marked the inner curve where it’s hollow. The fossil on the right: yeah, I marked what looks like bones that were once hollow and filled in. David Parris said he believed they are theropod but didn’t tell me much more. 

And regarding the graveyard thing, you’re guess is as good as mine...maybe he meant a quarry with an abundance of daspletosaur fossils? 

Okay I don't see it in the photos but you're holding it and have the best view.  You might try to remove some of the fill to get a better look.  

Overall nice set of bones to have from two cool faunas in Montana.  

• I found this Informative 1

2 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Okay I don't see it in the photos but you're holding it and have the best view.  You might try to remove some of the fill to get a better look.  

Overall nice set of bones to have from two cool faunas in Montana.  

You’re the master so in the event the group 2 bones are tyrannosaurid, you would agree that they would be labeled as follows more or less the same: 

Group 1: Tyrannosaurid idet. (Daspletosaurus sp. or Gorgosaurus sp.)

Group 2: Tyrannosaurid idet. (Daspletosaurus horneri or Gorgosaurus sp.)

17 minutes ago, Masp said:

You’re the master so in the event the group 2 bones are tyrannosaurid, you would agree that they would be labeled as follows more or less the same: 

Group 1: Tyrannosaurid idet. (Daspletosaurus sp. or Gorgosaurus sp.)

Group 2: Tyrannosaurid idet. (Daspletosaurus horneri or Gorgosaurus sp.)

:dinothumb:

• 2 months later...

Guys, I was wondering if anyone could help me ID these specimens.  I bought these at the nj fossil show,  and unfortunately never received the information regarding the type, locality, etc.  

Both specimens are from morocco from two different sellers.  The reason why I bring that up is because it doesn’t necessarily mean that the specimens are from the same place, etc. 

In the first picture, what type of ammonite is this, what is the age, and what is the locality/formation?  I know the center of the fossil is carved,  but when I bought it I was unfamiliar with these kinds of fabrications at the time.  Regardless it’s still a nice fossil. 

91A342C1-D500-48A9-8726-1D76CACA5D81.jpeg

18E9AE68-A6FB-4065-8CFE-444BE73711F5.jpeg

16C0C899-96B5-46A8-9A48-12B9424AD249.jpeg

The trilobite looks quite similar to Cambropallas andalusiana, which comes from the Cambrian of the Anti-Atlas Mountains. These are fairly common, but also commonly restored using grafted parts from other trilobites or with sculpted pieces. I can't really tell if yours is restored in any way from these pictures, or to what extent it may be. 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Hi masp I was going to say Cambropallas telesto for the trilobite but Kane has much much more knowledge than me . The ammonite could be Chelinoceros but i can’t be sure.

Sorry I can’t help much but Moroccan fossil are not real my thing, like you I am new to collecting them. :)

5 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

Hi masp I was going to say Cambropallas telesto for the trilobite but Kane has much much more knowledge than me . The ammonite could be Chelinoceros but i can’t be sure.

Sorry I can’t help much but Moroccan fossil are not real my thing, like you I am new to collecting them. :)

It could very well be C. telesto! I'm actually not as knowledgeable about Cambrian trilobites compared to Ordovician and Devonian ones. :blush:

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

5 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

No worries Bobby, thanks for contributing anyway. Appreciate it. 

6 minutes ago, Kane said:

It could very well be C. telesto! I'm actually not as knowledgeable about Cambrian trilobites compared to Ordovician and Devonian ones. :blush:

1 hour ago, Kane said:

The trilobite looks quite similar to Cambropallas andalusiana, which comes from the Cambrian of the Anti-Atlas Mountains. These are fairly common, but also commonly restored using grafted parts from other trilobites or with sculpted pieces. I can't really tell if yours is restored in any way from these pictures, or to what extent it may be. 

When I get a chance I’ll post more detialed pics of the trilobite. The seller told me this one isn’t prepped, but who knows really. 

• 3 weeks later...

The ammonite maybe Acanthoceras. 

The Cambropallas looks fairly good,:) but look forward to the close- ups. 

Can we have a size for them both, please? 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

4 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Thank you Adam... no problem, I will take better pictures for you either tomorrow or Monday.  I appreciate the help as always 

On 10/13/2018 at 12:59 PM, Tidgy's Dad said:

730E8FDA-3D5B-47E9-B725-EC177F558A56.jpeg

If anyone could tell me this sp. of trilobite..I’d appreciate it. These are commons from Morocco that are sold cheap at Dinosaur State Park in Connecticut. 

EF6567A4-6203-490D-BA1A-439A6B49B90C.jpeg

EBEA5BEF-4222-455D-8BCB-C2EE3CB0D1E7.jpeg