Recent Project In Progress, Multiple Nautiloids

micropterus101

Found this in the lincoln Formation W.A State last week. Unfortunately shattered Four when I cracked It open. Have seven exposed and two more that I know of inside all have been replaced with calcite and quartz. Hopefully there are some more surprises along the way. :)

KOF, Jason

ammoniteconc.jpg

whoooo! cant wait to see it finished! awesome catch!

"Turn the fear of the unknown into the excitment of possibility!"

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

OH MAN!!! I drooled the second I saw that! I would absolutly love to prep somethng like that!!! Can I give you a tip? The next time you find something like that, take your time and look at it many many many times over many many many days and try to see how you want it before prepping. Sometimes you can take multi rock and get two or three super pieces out of it. Let the rock tell you how it should be? Just trying to help. Or tell me to mind my own buisness! Super find though!!! I am super impressed!

RB

Guest N.AL.hunter

Very nice find. I've only ever found one group of two ammonites together. Nothing like what you've found. How big is this thing?

OH MAN!!! I drooled the second I saw that! I would absolutly love to prep somethng like that!!! Can I give you a tip? The next time you find something like that, take your time and look at it many many many times over many many many days and try to see how you want it before prepping. Sometimes you can take multi rock and get two or three super pieces out of it. Let the rock tell you how it should be? Just trying to help. Or tell me to mind my own buisness! Super find though!!! I am super impressed!

RB

Thanks guys, but wait till ya see what I found today! :Thumbs-up: Rjb, I can use any tips I can get I am learning as I go on my own right now.

Heres the big ones I pryed out today. All are showing Nautiloids on the outsides. Normally the whoppers I have found in other localities are duds, these are the exception to the rule. How to prep? :Cave Man:

I dont know yet lol Jack hammer, or years with a chicago scribe. Took a crack at the biggest with a sledge right before dark and exposed two nautiloids. who knows how many will end up being in these rocks. I wish I could just go presto and have them done lol.

bigrocks.jpg