Bone with Bite Mark?

TonyC

I'm looking for the collective experience of this group to help me determine if this is a bone fragment with a bit mark in it. Or is it just a rock.  Here's several photos of the piece in question.  Hopefully the quality is sufficient to make a determination.  

5b4fcc0d21e1c_nMIFVl64RsW6vkVbLZIpA_thumb_ab.jpg.b7ee7ec7ee9591ea00ff403f2a67133d.jpg

5b4fcc0d21e1c_nMIFVl64RsW6vkVbLZIpA_thumb_ab.jpg.b7ee7ec7ee9591ea00ff403f2a67133d.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_b3.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_b0.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_b1.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_b2.jpg

A1AuwTQKRFu2AVw10teW8Q_thumb_af.jpg

AoLOoc%8S%2olIkCbM1U2w_thumb_ae.jpg

KXSx+Mg6S2mzGNnjKdcGbw_thumb_ad.jpg

DTWXpNMAS3CVVywkzDldrA_thumb_ac.jpg

IkNGCrC7RwOHi4RX0%dhFw_thumb_aa.jpg

Jd9TiVRWSxq44C5Y7ZjWgA_thumb_a9.jpg

Where was this found?

It doesn't look like bone to me, but bones are not my area of focus in fossils.

• I found this Informative 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Were it a piece of bitten bone (and I do not think it is, for lack of cancellous cellular structure), I would expect to see signs of crushing or splintering at the site of the bite.

• I found this Informative 2

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

looks like a metamorphic rock to me

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

Okay, looks like the consensus is not bone.  Oh well.  Thanks to all for sharing.  Took it out of Big Brook, NJ.  

There are often concretions in the NJ streams that can resemble bone. Most bones in NJ Cretaceous streams are from turtles and often are black and look like cheese due to their porous nature. Some bones are from dinosaurs and they somewhat resemble petrified wood and have cellular structure. I think in your case it is a concretions, but hopefully you can find some actual bone soon.

: )