Summer 2018 Delaware Paleozoic finds

Miocene_Mason

My family decided to take a few day trips to Delaware’s beaches this summer. We went to a few, and heeding some posts by @I_gotta_rock, I kept an eye out for fossils. I found a few, but three were good enough to show. No one knows which formation exactly they come from, only that they are Paleozoic. Sounds like a good Thesis to me.

Anyway here we are, first a worn coral bit, kinda like a petosky stone. .7 inches

C772FB5F-EBCB-4393-809F-69B08157E7AB.jpeg

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

.3 inch bryozoan, hematized? 

9BCFFA7C-3E62-4834-A514-11E21078034C.jpeg

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

And bests for last, worn (horn?) coral. 1 inch by 1.4 inches

AC51ADC4-7FC7-4DF3-A584-15C530D06CDF.jpeg

6BE6BEA9-2DA5-402B-974A-647792BE4921.jpeg

E72F1701-AEF3-4B3F-A82A-F99F36CF77AF.jpeg

Happy hunting,

Mason

That’s it, thanks for reading!

Happy hunting,

Mason

1 minute ago, ynot said:

At least You got to get out and hunt.

Yeah, it’s great to find a place where I can have fun Fossil hunting and my family can be happy doing normal people things:D

Happy hunting,

Mason

Ooh! Tiny!  I have a hard time with my aging eyes trying to spot the little ones.  Good job!

I refuse to give up my childish wonder at the world.