Could this be bone? and a head with teeth? or rocks?

Zesus

Hey guys, 

I dont really know what this could be, maybe just rock, but the color, shape, texture made me think twice - specifically the curved smooth bottom, sharp sides that curve strangely and just the shape in general. At first glance i thought it looked like a meteorite because of the flow-line'esque texture it has in some parts and the bottom side was smooth with little holes with some thumb print 'ish indents, and its darn heavy.  

But then it also reminded me of some marine mammal and large reptile fossil bones I've seen on here while perusing so I thought I'd ask. Also because of some other things I have found, which I want to ask about as well but dont want to spam all at once. Actually I'll post two of the other things too ;) 

Found in Menlo Park, California about ~12" inches in ground, maybe slightly deeper.

Menlo Park is considered Pleistocene/Holocene alluvial but there have been cretaceous foraminifers found in the towns surrounding Menlo Park. And then there was the paleoparadoxia found during the excavation of the Stanford Linear Accelerator as well, which is about a mile away from me, and they are from the Miocene I believe. Also after reading the USGS geological map survey of my area it seems that theres out crops from every time period, mostly due to the gazillion faults in SF bay area.  So Im not really sure what I'm living on. Anyways.. 

The second rock looks like it has a mouth and some teeth which I found interesting. 

The third looks like a shell on the one curved end, but also like a saurapelta armor plate I've seen in photos before.

Appreciate any thoughts, and if it is rock, do you know what kind? Thanks for your time and feedback! 

IMG_6898.jpg

IMG_6896.jpg

IMG_6894.jpg

IMG_5890.jpg

IMG_5889.jpg

Also, I forgot to mention rock #2 looks like it has a bite mark aroundIMG_6346.thumb.jpg.0f2e651dd7a2215f597aa3c9242f9395.jpgIMG_6340.thumb.jpg.a75583f8d8b175abad410eed08e52dbd.jpgIMG_6345.thumb.jpg.85c8a931ad27b3a57d5dcc47d5654f50.jpg it, dont know if you can tell from these photos though..

Your imagination is over riding your common since. But good luck.  there are actually lots of fossils found all over the state of California.

RB

Thanks guys for your time!  Sorry if it seems my ID questions are stupid or obvious. Its just I have found a lot of stuff that seems to have been "living", if you will, at some point (wish I had time to post and ask about it all) and my curiosity gets the best of me.  I know you all have told me several times that I wont find any fossils where I live, but the more yard work I do, the more things I find.  And I have to dig the holes and trenches anyways, so might as well look at what Im digging. And it's painfully slow. Imagine super cold, hard ice cream that you have to really really push into as hard as you can, and even though you use all your strength, you only get a tiny bit. Well thats my land haha, except dark brownish black (with sometimes a strange blueish silver hue, which I can't figure out why). So maybe the mind wanders a bit while out there...

To @RJB, I'll take that as a compliment. As Albert Einstein put it, "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen".   And hey, without him we wouldn't have relativity. :D 

If you all don't mind, I have another piece I'd like your input on. (I have a lot actually, lol, but I'll spare you all) Feel free to ignore or tell me to find another forum, don't want to bother anyone.   But I've found three different pieces of this is two different areas and I cant for the life of me figure out what it is. So hopefully you all can help. I first thought it might be some sort of pottery and glaze, but in between the "glaze" isn't clay nor does it resemble  any sort of ceramic I've seen, plus the curve to it rules out some sort of bowl or plate. Under direct light it shines and looks almost like melted metal, similarly in a way that the first rock I posted initially does. 

As always, thanks again for your time and help in advance!

IMG_7120.jpg

IMG_7117.jpg

IMG_7119.jpg

IMG_7121.jpg

IMG_7122.jpg

IMG_7123.jpg

Old clay drainage pipe is stone like, or perhaps between that and brick. I think that's probably what this is.

• I found this Informative 1

Thanks!  seems strange as its concave in shape, would make a strange pipe, but that seems very likely

If it's dome shaped it could be from the cover of a stone crock. It could also be part of a crock.

If you are thinking it's curvature indicates a pipe that would be too large I've seen them around 2 feet in diameter at least.

Stone crock is not actually stone. It's just the name.

Thanks for the help guy!  @Rockwood  Its as if the pipe had a natural turn in it as it is concave and not straight.   

Also, is this bone or some strange limestone?IMG_7350.thumb.jpg.98d87a6613d58fbb2444037b411e8ee0.jpgIMG_7348.thumb.jpg.ce9d1e62f13a29596eb7c3ed19b22cec.jpgIMG_7346.thumb.jpg.4a821bdede69056e07e46aca8f8ae109.jpgIMG_7345.thumb.jpg.6ef26b3721ab92274063d21c4e468c71.jpg

26 minutes ago, Zesus said:

Its as if the pipe had a natural turn in it as it is concave and not straight.

Drain pipes likely come with curves so that shouldn't change the thinking.

The second one appears to be an aggregate. Could be natural or man made. I'm certain it isn't bone. 

On 8/2/2018 at 5:36 AM, Zesus said:

To @RJB, I'll take that as a compliment.

Good on ya man.  I can be quite frank sometimes but Im a very common since man and dont mean anything mean.  Good luck and have fun.

RB