Fossilized bone or odd rock?

Shimmeron

I'm wondering if this is a fossilized bone or just an odd rock I found in the Oquirrh Mountains in Utah? It has a unique convex and concave surface pattern in some areas. The red and white parts of the rock have different textures; the white is very rigid and rough.  All the pictures are of the same rock at differing angles. Please share your ideas, thanks!

DSCN3783.jpg

I am going to go with rock because I am not seeing any distinctive bone texture here. I'll defer to the more seasoned experience of others, of course!

• I found this Informative 1

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

I found the rock near a lot of other fossils. So I need to know what the red and green are, since I'm studying the mineral build up in the soil and marine rocks in the area of my fossil site. So far I've found a lot of limestone, basalt, calcium carbonate cliche and dolomite. 

There are a lot of minerals that can exhibit those colors. Without a definitive crystal shape any answer is just a guess.

If You really need to know what minerals are there You can send samples to this site - http://kaygeedeeminerals.com/   and for a nominal fee they will analyse Your rock/mineral.

• I found this Informative 2

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.