Help to find small acrylic jars

Bobby Rico

Hi all

plaese and thank you, can anyone know where I can purchase small plastic containers for micro fossils. I like the push on lids like this. I have looked for sometime but only can find screw tops. I am in the uk and if you know what they are called that would be great . Thanks again 

238BADDA-9F03-4906-A9C5-717C9A2E5FC0.jpeg

I have used coin holders/capsules and reallly like them.  They are inexpensive, have push on lids, and come in various sizes.  Here's a link, but if you look around a bit you can find them a bit cheaper.  https://smile.amazon.com/Hicarer-Capsules-Organizer-Collection-Supplies/dp/B07CNDTYC6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1535124894&sr=8-4&keywords=coin+holders+for+collectors

5b8027774a613_CoinHolders.thumb.jpg.5e0cd007a7a9750bd831cbe3687ad27d.jpg5b80279be1e75_Coinholder2.thumb.jpg.d1018d922ea2122edf8fbd70a024b7d6.jpg

• I found this Informative 3

20 minutes ago, KCMOfossil said:

I have used coin holders/capsules and reallly like them.  They are inexpensive, have push on lids, and come in various sizes.  Here's a link, but if you look around a bit you can find them a bit cheaper.  https://smile.amazon.com/Hicarer-Capsules-Organizer-Collection-Supplies/dp/B07CNDTYC6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1535124894&sr=8-4&keywords=coin+holders+for+collectors

5b8027774a613_CoinHolders.thumb.jpg.5e0cd007a7a9750bd831cbe3687ad27d.jpg5b80279be1e75_Coinholder2.thumb.jpg.d1018d922ea2122edf8fbd70a024b7d6.jpg

They are sweet. very tiny or you got massive hands. Yes they are nice. Thank you. The forum is fantastic.

• I found this Informative 1

11 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

you lot are better than google

Don't say that....I can't afford the EU fines :)

Everything is generated through your own will power ~ Ray Bradbury

28 minutes ago, Walt said:

Don't say that....I can't afford the EU fines :)

Sorry Walt everyone else is better than google but Walt he is not as good.

got you covered.:rofl:

3 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

Sorry Walt everyone else is better than google but Walt he is not as good.

got you covered.

Thanks......I think :D

• I found this Informative 3

Everything is generated through your own will power ~ Ray Bradbury

9 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

They are sweet. very tiny or you got massive hands. Yes they nice

The ones in the pictures are 17mm, but I think they range up to 30mm.  I have been told that they come in two thicknesses:  a "form fitting" thickness the exact depth of the coin for which they are designed, and a slightly thicker one.  The 17mm are designed for the US penny.

2 minutes ago, KCMOfossil said:

The ones in the pictures are 17mm, but I think they range up to 30mm.  I have been told that they come in two thicknesses:  a "form fitting" thickness the exact depth of the coin for which they are designed, and a slightly thicker one.  The 17mm are designed for the US penny.

I really like the small size thanks for the help.

https://www.sciplus.com/12-clear-plastic-canisters-in-a-box-44940-p

https://www.sciplus.com/50-114-clear-plastic-canisters-4114-p

This store close to me has everything. American Science and Surplus is amazing. They have other containers as well. I added a link here so you can check them and the site out.

Edit: I called and asked if they ship to the UK and sadly they do not. I would be willing to help you out and ship them to you. Unfortunately, the TARDIS is undergoing repairs from my last trip to the ordovician so I would have to ship them via USPS. I do have family in Cardiff that I can ask if they know of any stores in your general area or online sites that might sell the containers. My aunt does crafts with beads and small gemstones so im sure she'll have the info. 

...I'm back.

2 hours ago, Bobby Rico said:

Thank you so much or your help and kind offer @Raggedy Man I got lots of places to try now.  Much appreciated 

Any time!

...I'm back.