Canadian Trilobite?

JurassicParkCarnotaurus

I just found this guy hiding in the back of my collection. No idea how long he’s been back there, but I’m pretty sure I found him on the shores of Lake Erie, on the Canada side. Looks to be a weathers trilobite to me, possibly Isotelus, but, admittedly, I know very little about these bugs. Hopefully some of the experts out there can clear things up. Thanks!

JPC

569BE603-1A9F-4080-AEC0-359BA66FE183.thumb.jpeg.86a731a9f3ba6722f87b8c91fd60c03c.jpeg

Can we get a couple of sharper photos?  They are either a bit small to see detail, or when I expand them they lack focus/resolution.

That being said, I do not think this is a trilobite.  I don't see how it would be possible to preserve the axis (which should stick up the most), erode the pygidium, cephalon, and plurae, but still preserve the margin (which should stick up the least).  Also the parts that are preserved seem to be segmented in a way that is too straight; trilobite thoracic segments should have more of a curve between the axis and the sides.

Don

• I found this Informative 1

Underside view maybe? Just a thought.. :headscratch:

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.