Real or fake imprint of theropod

Justinthecollector

I have a few from that area. It's really hard to see with so much highlighting on the possible track. I would need to see it from different angles. Pm me the seller and I can probably tell you if it's real or not. 

23 minutes ago, JarrodB said:

I have a few from that area. It's really hard to see with so much highlighting on the possible track. I would need to see it from different angles. Pm me the seller and I can probably tell you if it's real or not. 

I did 

This doesn't look like an overprint of a theropod footprint to me. 

Here, with the black and white reversed, you can't really make out any individual toes. 

I think this one is mostly, if not completely paint.  :( 

92534577-A48C-4BA3-BA9E-7770876926BA.jpeg.edc414c957766ca2f8639e62774beffe.jpeg

• I found this Informative 2

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Changing it to plain black & white doesn't help it much either. 

BW.jpeg

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

Unfortunately it's a fake.  Hopefully you can request a refund. Here's one I have from that area to compare. 

5ab79ee3e56e1_RaisedGrallatorTrack.thumb.jpg.f96d65790dccecea72d328fdc3b26c05.jpg

Some sellers tend to paint over rocks with that dark polish and call them footprints.  If you can’t really tell what the footprint is, chances are  it’s fake. Hopefully you didn’t already purchase.

I agree! It does not matter in which part of the world a footprint is discovered, but the fact is that a footprint can never have the same texture as the outside. In addition, many other factors distinguish a true footprint from a mere natural mark of a rock.

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

I’ve had to edit or remove two posts in this thread that speak of the seller. Please keep this focused on the fossil, not the seller.

• I found this Informative 5

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

@Justinthecollector Definitely a fake, I'd definitely recommend before purchasing another track online to do some online research and comparisons about tracks from Connecticut they will definitely help better your judgement a bit the more you are informed as it has helped me determine fakes better. Be safe there are certainly frauds out there!

• I found this Informative 1