Leptoceratops or juvenile triceratops?

Bone guy

Good morning everyone. Could anyone help me ID this tooth? Because it has me stumped. Unfortunately I still have to learn lots before I can ID these ceratopsian teeth (morphologicaly they can be tricky). My first guess was cf. Leptoceratops gracilis because of the tooth's small size, it's only just over half an inch. But now I'm reconsidering this guess because maybe it's a juvenile Triceratops tooth? The lack of a root makes this tricky because I know Triceratops teeth have two roots while Leptoceratops teeth have only one. Plus the highly pronounced verticals ridge is making me lean towards Triceratops once more. Any ideas? Thank you! :) 

IMG_1221.PNG

IMG_1222.PNG

IMG_1223.PNG

IMG_1224.PNG

• I found this Informative 1

Thank you @Bobby Rico that helps quite a bit! This tooth was found in the hell creek formation. Brussett, North Montana. 

@Troodon I've been comparing this tooth to the Leptoceratops and Triceratops teeth in your collection (thank you for making a consolidation post of your collection, I'm a new collector of dino material and the information you provide is priceless). What I'm finding is interesting. Leptoceratops teeth have multiple verticals ridges almost like a Thescelosaurus maxillary tooth, most of the trike teeth I've been comparing to totally lack those verticals ridges. 

If you look look at the tooth I have, it has those multiple ridges. 

• I found this Informative 2

Looks like Leptoceratops to me. Lepto teeth only have the one root coming out of the tooth while trike teeth split off and have two roots.

• I found this Informative 2

Leptoceratops has not  (yet) been described from the Hell Creek formation. The only described ceratopsians in this formation are Triceratops horridus, Triceratops porosus en Torosaurus latus. However, there are teeth in the Hell Creek formation that are identical to Leptoceratops gracilis. Maybe label it like cf Leptoceratops gracilis. 

• I found this Informative 1

Unfortunately, last I knew Troodon has been inactive for almost 3 weeks now. To my knowledge no one has heard from him or knows his whereabouts. I hope we haven’t lost him.

1 minute ago, KimTexan said:

Troodon has been inactive for almost 3 weeks now. To my knowledge no one has heard from him or knows his whereabouts.

Frank typically is out in the field this time of year. He should be back soon, hopefully with some nice fossils and stories to share.

• I found this Informative 3

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

1 hour ago, ynot said:

Frank typically is out in the field this time of year. He should be back soon, hopefully with some nice fossils and stories to share.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

2 hours ago, ynot said:

So he's out having fun.. :faint:

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.