hndmarshall

These pictures are not clear enough to tell, but as far as I can tell it looks like a rock. Also include where you found it please

A general location for a find is important for identification.  ;)   

I agree with Tony.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

here it is wet it seems like a sap, crystallized or resin type but it cant be amber I know that but it is not as heavy as stone but not as light as amber it also has a grainy texture like wood it seems like a fossilized portion from inside a tree or plant?... it dose not have any properties of bone either...it was found here in texas west of Houston the same place I find my petrified wood...last pic is of a pile of petrified wood from same location. I have found something like this before ...it looks very weathered.

IMG_20000101_163907.jpg

IMG_20000101_163919.jpg

IMG_20000101_163930.jpg

IMG_20000101_163938.jpg

IMG_20000101_161147.jpg

IMG_20000101_161205.jpg

ok this thing has had a strange reaction to the water, it is not drying out...it seems to have absorbed some of the water and is not drying out...what the heck?

weird guess next test is to try to burn it...if it gives off a aroma its some type of very hard tree resin?....not sure what else to do as rocks usually don't stay damp.

first pic was dry second 1/2 hour later after wetting the what ever it is....if stone should have dried right?.

IMG_20000101_161347.jpg

IMG_20000101_171726.jpg

19 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

Those last shots sure can look like fresh ground hamburger if you try. :)

LOL...some one needs lunch ..dont think it will taste good