Help with ID Richard’s Spur Micro bone

Bobby Rico

11 hours ago, Bobby Rico said:

@-Andy- any ideas my freind. :dinothumb:

Unfortunately not. I have few Permian material.

I only know of Permian dealers who might be able to help, but sometimes they are so biased I cannot tell how accurate their IDs are.

• I found this Informative 1

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

I'm not sure on some of these ID's, but seeing the color I guess they all come from the so-called 'White Captorhinus zone'. The other layers mostly produce black fossils.

Since the bones are really small I think it will be hard to bring them to down to species level, but this is what I think this is.

1: Intercentra 

2: Vertebra

3: Vertebra

4: Vertebra

5: Vertebra

6: Tail vertebra

7: I think skull part but totally not sure.

8: Can you please make a picture from the other side? It might be a digit or something.

9: Skull fragment?

10: Skull fragment? 

11: Vertebra

12: Vertebra I think? 

13: Can you make pictures from more angels?

14: Jaw fragment that might be possible to get to species level, but then we'll need beter pictures of the tooth and a size.

I hope this helps.

1 hour ago, gigantoraptor said:

I'm not sure on some of these ID's, but seeing the color I guess they all come from the so-called 'White Captorhinus zone'. The other layers mostly produce black fossils.

Since the bones are really small I think it will be hard to bring them to down to species level, but this is what I think this is.

1: Intercentra 

2: Vertebra

3: Vertebra

4: Vertebra

5: Vertebra

6: Tail vertebra

7: I think skull part but totally not sure.

8: Can you please make a picture from the other side? It might be a digit or something.

9: Skull fragment?

10: Skull fragment? 

11: Vertebra

12: Vertebra I think? 

13: Can you make pictures from more angels?

14: Jaw fragment that might be possible to get to species level, but then we'll need beter pictures of the tooth and a size.

I hope this helps.

Hi and thank you it does indeed. I was wondering if the vertebrae had there own names like the Atlas . I thought skull bone wich I am really pleased about.  14 has got  teeth in it that look deferent to a lot I have found. I thought it was jaw bone. I just purchased some more Micro matrix and I will be doing a quiz in a couple of weeks. The price will be a small Permian collection so keep an eye on my posts. Cheers Bobby 

As I said elsewhere, the vast majority of this material is attributable to Captorhinus.

The small sliver-y things could be intercentra. They could also be osteoderms. I couldn't really tell you more than that.

• I found this Informative 1

8 minutes ago, jdp said:

As I said elsewhere, the vast majority of this material is attributable to Captorhinus.

The small sliver-y things could be intercentra. They could also be osteoderms. I couldn't really tell you more than that.

Thank you very much . Your time is appreciated. Bobby