BLT

Here is another rock which I found in a middle Tennessee creek. (Mississippian, St. Louis Limestone & Warsaw Limestone) This one also has a lot going on within it. There are several fossils I’d like to have identified, but am most curious about the area I circled in red. This rock had a lot of algae (or moss?) growing on it. Is the area which I circled even a fossil? :headscratch:

14B53FE6-7808-4110-9627-685ABD1B7805.jpeg

6E636920-8FF1-4A0E-A1FC-4E8DD99F49CB.jpeg

F33B4396-919E-4B4F-A338-1F6AA3FC1902.jpeg

4EF01373-05E2-4F5E-A621-019CCDC18828.jpeg

A6F7F93A-E010-4FC1-8BC9-3CFE2223A022.jpeg

EB6E99BF-AE5F-43AA-889B-D902E33665D8.jpeg

Hi

I am no expert and i do not cone from the USA, but from what I can see it could be an imprint of a crinoid or starfish arm.

Any chance of a clear close up.

Never ask a starfish for directions

10 minutes ago, Brittle Star said:

I can' see anything i recognize there. Sorry.

Thanks for looking! :) I will try to take better pictures outdoors, once the sun comes up here. 

Could these perhaps all be bivalves (imprints for the first two, steinkern for the last)?  I know that bivalve hinge "teeth" often look quite interesting - perhaps your first item circled in red is an imprint of that?

• I found this Informative 1

2 minutes ago, Monica said:

Could these perhaps all be bivalves (imprints for the first two, steinkern for the last)?  I know that bivalve hinge "teeth" often look quite interesting - perhaps your first item circled in red is an imprint of that?

Well spotted. I think you have got it in one for the last photo, you can see shell on the outside edge so the view is looking down on the inside of the beast.

Never ask a starfish for directions

11 minutes ago, Monica said:

I know that bivalve hinge "teeth" often look quite interesting - perhaps your first item circled in red is an imprint of that?

Maybe so! Now that you mention it, I can see that being a possibility. Thanks! :)