So a few more gastropod pics

Plantguy

So I ran across 2 more gastropods from Sarasota Florida APAC that have been hiding in the garage--well maybe not hiding--just buried in the junk. Doesnt seem to be something common unless I have some tiny ones somewhere.

Probably Tamiami Fm. Plio-Pleistocene.

Thought they were the same initially and I had lumped them together. But now I see the one on the right has a depressed end. So maybe a Prunum sp. and a Bullata sp? that would be cool. 

5beba84aceaee_PossiblePrunumandBullataPanorama.thumb.jpg.d4e4be0a749e9245dd7b5d98c1e7b610.jpg

Thanks for the looks and any feedback. 

Regards, Chris  

• I found this Informative 2

Hi Chris

The shell on the left looks as if it has four columellar plaits.  If so it is Microspira oliviformis (Tuomey & Holmes, 1857).  If it has five it will be a different species.  The one on the right is Bullata taylori (Olsson, 1916).  Both belong to the Family Marginellidae.

Mike

• I found this Informative 1

"A problem solved is a problem caused"--Karl Pilkington

"I was dead for millions of years before I was born and it never inconvenienced me a bit." -- Mark Twain

11 hours ago, MikeR said:

Hi Chris

The shell on the left looks as if it has four columellar plaits.  If so it is Microspira oliviformis (Tuomey & Holmes, 1857).  If it has five it will be a different species.  The one on the right is Bullata taylori (Olsson, 1916).  Both belong to the Family Marginellidae.

Mike

Thanks Mike. Yep it has 4. 

Appreciate the additional help. Certainly more learning to do on my part....Thanks again! 

Regards, Chris