weird things!

hndmarshall

anyone know what these little critters are?....found them on one of my stones with some other similar things

Found in Texas loose gravel.

Fri Nov 16 21-19-39.jpg

Fri Nov 16 21-27-43.jpg

12 minutes ago, doushantuo said:

Can you give an idea of scale?

Found where?

Any idea about the age of the rocks?

I had this rock on here before and gave it a slight acid bath and it uncovered more of the creepy crawlies.

I found this in a gravel pile from the Brazos river west of houston tx

I am looking at a couple tablet shaped small slabs with similar matrix cant wait to win one or two and explore them for all the goodies

000_0333.JPG

16 minutes ago, ynot said:

Whatever they are, they are half hidden by matrix and partially eroded away. May be very hard to make an ID.

when I get home going to try to get clearer pics thought I did but cant find them on computer.

Hi

From the shape it could be a burrow infill, might contain fish bits.

Never ask a starfish for directions

They look like they could be conodont teeth. Paleontologists typically dissolve the matrix away to recover conodont teeth when embedded in matrix like this. I've found a few in the Maquoketa formation in Minnesota.

• I found this Informative 3

...I'm back.

5 hours ago, hndmarshall said:

when I get home going to try to get clearer pics thought I did but cant find them on computer.

The trouble with that is, you need to know what it is you are looking for on the computer in order to search for it.

Searching for: "little bits in hard matrix" likely won't get us too far. Although you could get lucky.

One almost has to have the ID in the first place to be able to look it up. :headscratch:

A Catch 22 if you will.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

1 minute ago, caldigger said:

The trouble with that is, you need to know what it is you are looking for on the computer in order to search for it.

Searching for: "little bits in hard matrix."  One almost has to have the ID in the first place to be able to look it up. :headscratch:

A Catch 22 if you will.

no not looking it up looking for clearer pics i took of it on my computer saved will try to take more.

Ah, ;)

I think your present pics aren't too bad. The items just need more exposure for better identification.

Dorensigbadges.JPG