Mosasaur Discovery Channel

racevw112

Caught the show Mega Beast last night on Discovery and the show was about the Mosasaur and how it lived. It was 1 hour long and real interesting. Here is a quote from the Discovery page

With six foot jaws and a nasty disposition, the Mosasaur dined on giant sharks and plesiosaurs. An extra set of teeth on the roof of its mouth guaranteed that when it sunk its teeth into something, there was only one way out...down its gullet.

If you go to the following link, Mosasaur Video on Discovery

they have some video segments from the show last night.

Lyle

Caught the show Mega Beast last night on Discovery and the show was about the Mosasaur and how it lived. It was 1 hour long and real interesting. Here is a quote from the Discovery page

If you go to the following link, Mosasaur Video on Discovery

they have some video segments from the show last night.

Lyle

I saw it ,Really something how the lower jaw slides back. I recorded it so my boy could watch it tonight without staying up past his bedtime.

Lyle

It was interesting though the repetition of the same animation at least three times across the show was annoying. They seemed to want to avoid providing any names (genera) of mosasaurs, focusing on Tylosaurus through much of it, though I'm not sure they ever called it by name. I think it would have been better to give an idea of the different mosasaurs that lived across the Late Cretaceous (only provided a short note on mosasaur diversity at the very end of the period). I did like when they showed fossils and talked about different points in the anatomy.

I watched the program it was great and I am hoping it will be on again so I can record it this time since my husband did not get to see it. They did say there were over 50 different types of Mosasaurs, which I find is hard to believe.

Edited by lawooten

The best days are spent collecting fossils