a pretty well preserved and intact Micropycnodon.

FossilAddicted1991

I appreciate all the feed back on my handful of Sulfur River finds and im enjoying being on here and being able to share my love for fossils with y'all. 

Here is a very special find for me I found it the day after being in a major car accident that I was very lucky to be able to walk away from with only bruises. The Flight museum I use to work for was not to far away from a secret creek that I use to hunt during lunch break, It had earlier formation's of the Western Interior Seaway, Austin Chalk, Kamp Branch etc. I've found several good Ginsu shark teeth aswell as Ptychodus Whip, and other good sharks teeth along with some fish verts and a snout from a baby Mosasaur. So the day after the accident I decided to take my mind off the ordeal by hitting the creek during lunch and feeling blessed I was alive and able to walk so just as im heading out of the creek after finding some teeth I stumbled upon fish scales sticking out of the gravel and picked up this Pycnodont and is a pretty good specimen. So It is a very sentimental piece giving what I was going through when I found it. 

43206408_10212834434676959_3487919125487943680_n.jpg

43210596_10212834434636958_3828116617351397376_n.jpg

43300837_10212834435596982_4207139664382918656_n.jpg

Edited by FossilAddicted1991
  • I found this Informative 3

Great find! Im happy to hear you're ok after your accident. I was in an accident about two years ago. Unfortunately, I wasn't as lucky as you and spent some time in the hospital. I wasn't able to hunt and kept me from the forum for about 6 months. You should enter this for VFOTM. Great find and thanks or sharing!

...I'm back.

That's a beautiful specimen. :)

I'm very glad you walked away with only minor damage. 

And I'm very glad you've made a decent recovery @Raggedy Man 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

7 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

That's a beautiful specimen. :)

I'm very glad you walked away with only minor damage. 

And I'm very glad you've made a decent recovery @Raggedy Man 

Me too! Nothing a little regeneration energy couldn't fix! Lol

• I found this Informative 1

...I'm back.

45 minutes ago, FossilAddicted1991 said:

Thanks I found this back in September. I hope you're okay now.

Aww! Thanks! Im fully 100% recovered. 

...I'm back.

On 11/26/2018 at 9:22 AM, FossilAddicted1991 said:

Ptychodus Whip, 

I see there's teeth there but I'm having difficulty picturing where this would be in a shark.

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2018 at 8:01 AM, UtahFossilHunter said:

I see there's teeth there but I'm having difficulty picturing where this would be in a shark.

It's not a shark but a pycnodont (a member of an extinct order of bony fishes common during the Cretaceous, surviving into the Eocene).  You see some of the teeth and what I assume are some scales/body covering partially showing the shape of the body. 

2 hours ago, siteseer said:

It's not a shark but a pycnodont (a member of an extinct order of bony fishes common during the Cretaceous, surviving into the Eocene).  You see some of the teeth and what I assume are some scales/body covering partially showing the shape of the body. 

Ah, thanks. No wonder I couldn’t picture it. I’m not great with vertebrates.:hearty-laugh:

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?