Inexpensive way to light your display cases

Fossil Claw

Home Depot has this remote-controlled eight pack of multi-color LED lights little remote control on a special buy right now for $15. it sticks on to the underside of your shelves with 3m double-sided foam tape so I won't hurt your cabinets.

No drilling your cabinets either.

Call ahead of time because some of the home depots are out of them.

IMG_20181201_115327.jpg

• I found this Informative 6

That's pretty cool! Thanks for the heads up. :fistbump: This is much better than using rope-lighting. Now to hint to the missus that this should be in my xmas stocking. :D 

• I found this Informative 1

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

My cheap display case came with a build in light coming from the top, which is actually very useful. Shame about the build quality though.

Yorkshire Coast Fossil Hunter

I am trying to figure a way to light up each shelf on mine, but they are all glass shelves and don't want lights to be visable stuck to the bottoms.

What size are these things Dom?

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

I certainly like the 'remote' that comes with those.  I just may have to get me some.  Thanks for showing.

RB

1 minute ago, RJB said:

I certainly like the 'remote' that comes with those.  I just may have to get me some.  Thanks for showing.

RB

And if you pay attention to the packaging he is showing us, you can change the colors of the lighting to suit your mood.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

3 minutes ago, caldigger said:

And if you pay attention to the packaging he is showing us, you can change the colors of the lighting to suit your mood.

As a matter of fact, I did not notice that, but being a very simple man, Im sure I would only use the white light.  Thanks

RB

Come on Ron, dim the house lights, turn on the blue display lights and you have an instant deep water feel for your crabs.

Or better yet, the red lights to give it an ominous "spooky" feel like an underwater volcano eurupting. Ooooo!!!

• I found this Informative 1

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

2 hours ago, caldigger said:

I am trying to figure a way to light up each shelf on mine, but they are all glass shelves and don't want lights to be visable stuck to the bottoms.

What size are these things Dom?

House key for scale.

IMG_20181201_180651.jpg

So something in the range of a silver dollar?  That might actually be OK.

Thanks for the reply.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

21 minutes ago, caldigger said:

So something in the range of a silver dollar?  That might actually be OK.

Thanks for the reply.

A little bigger but not by much.

First cabinet lightIMG_20181201_182946.thumb.jpg.c3d748b78dc4b84738f3b36d8adb68b5.jpg up with them two per shelf.

• I found this Informative 5