RJB

Too many fossil crabs!!!

Wrangellian
4 hours ago, Barby said:

I'm doomed to not getting crabs! --- meaning that New Zealand, texas, etc., are a bit out of my range: FL. I have found crab body parts, but those whole critters have eluded me.

Whole crabs are hard to come by, as mentioned, which is why most of us keep any partials that we find. But RJB and a few others on the Forum certainly make it hard to be happy with partials! There is a site north of me that produces whole ones (though not huge like RJB's) but the few times I've been there I was skunked. I wouldn't have the means to prep them, anyway, and a proper prep setup costs money and takes lots of practice to master.

Barby

Yeah! That is an awesome collection! I love detailed prepping,and I have all the equipment-just think the crabs are cool-looking, and would love to prep one. I only want one that I find myself, though. Picky-picky!

ynot
37 minutes ago, Barby said:

I only want one that I find myself,

Sounds like You need to save some money and take a trip.

siteseer

RJB,

You're really just saying, "If loving crabs is wrong, you don't want to be right." 

Jess

Shellseeker
On 12/6/2018 at 8:02 PM, Barby said:

Yeah! That is an awesome collection! I love detailed prepping,and I have all the equipment-just think the crabs are cool-looking, and would love to prep one. I only want one that I find myself, though. Picky-picky!

I have a friend, He is in Florida.  He finds and preps Florida Echinoids... Some examples of his work... Sometimes you just got to make do with what is laying around..

http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?/topic/51035-dec6th-fossil-show-fort-myers/

Gunther.jpg.5f389dff881617d7b5bd0686ab604c25.jpg

Barby

Thanks!

But I have a LOT of echinoids--some in big clumps of matrix..and they ARE fun to prep-- and I WANT TO GET CRAAAABS! heh heh....