Trilobite from Udig, Utah

Scottnokes2015

Hi everyone.

I'm new to preparing and don't  have the money to get the proper equipment. However, I do have the Harbor freight Air eraser I was recommended by  several b people on here.

Anyway, I have one of those tiny to segment Trilobite who name I forget for the minute. The matrix he was in broke up, so I've mounted it to another piece of same udig shale before I start work on the Trilobite so I don't have it break n in half. There's a small Gap in the matrix because it's not a perfect fit, but Very close. The glue is holding well and clear , but what can I use as filler for the tiny Gap? Can I mix clear glue with some sanded matrix mixed in  to make a filler?

Thanks everyone

The route you propose would be fine, I think. 

Elrathia kingii.  ;)  Wouldn't want you to wake up at 2 am and remember it then. :D  :P 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Thank you, I remember now the name, it's the tiny Agnostid Trilobite, the ones with just the two body segments

• I found this Informative 1

2 minutes ago, Scottnokes2015 said:

Thank you, I remember now the name, it's the tiny Agnostic Trilobite, the ones with just the two body segments

Itagnostus interstrictus. It was formerly named Perenopsis until it was reassigned by Naimark.

• I found this Informative 3

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

19 hours ago, Scottnokes2015 said:

Hi everyone.

I'm new to preparing and don't  have the money to get the proper equipment. However, I do have the Harbor freight Air eraser I was recommended by  several b people on here.

Anyway, I have one of those tiny to segment Trilobite who name I forget for the minute. The matrix he was in broke up, so I've mounted it to another piece of same udig shale before I start work on the Trilobite so I don't have it break n in half. There's a small Gap in the matrix because it's not a perfect fit, but Very close. The glue is holding well and clear , but what can I use as filler for the tiny Gap? Can I mix clear glue with some sanded matrix mixed in  to make a filler?

Thanks everyone

Crush up some of the matrix, mix with superglue and fill in the gap. Then use your air eraser to remove the excess material.

17 hours ago, Scottnokes2015 said:

it's the tiny Agnostic Trilobite, the ones with just the two body segments

I've never met an agnostic trilobite before. :P Sorry, couldn't help myself.

• I found this Informative 1