Pterosaur or fish?

Wightlight

I've been looking for Moroccan pterosaur teeth, and have found this one from the Kem Kem beds for sale. I know there's fish teeth being sold as pterosaur teeth so I wanted to ask if anyone out there could confirm whether this is from a pterosaur? Thanks!

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Pterosaur and the reason, oval root, curvature in one single direction, enamel is like that of reptile not fish and the vertical ridges present in lower half of the tooth.

• I found this Informative 9

I agree with Haravex. Pterosaur tooth, more precisely  an Ornithocheirid. The only two described Ornithocheirids in this place are Siroccopteryx moroccensis and Coloborhynchus fluviferox. There is no way to know for certain what exact species.

• I found this Informative 6

I agree with the pterosaur tooth :) we found simmilar tooth on the Isle of Wight: Ornithocheirid pterosaur

• I found this Informative 4

growing old is mandatory but growing up is optional.

On 03/01/2019 at 7:33 PM, Wightlight said:

What about this one? it's rather broad and I can't see clear striations

Even if you can not see clear stretch marks, definitely this is also a genuine pterosaur tooth. Note that this tooth is quite different from the teeth of crocodiles and fish that many sellers sell as if they were from Pterosaurs:

image.thumb.png.4b84d6cd0e051bf7357d9ce4b3fd5c2f.png

And the tooth being rather broad enough does not represent bad news, quite the opposite, because this means that there are excellent chances that it is one of the front teeth!

image.png.1c116451ce25970389254c79cc766373.png

:dinothumb:

• I found this Informative 4

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG