The Amateur Paleontologist

Very nice skull!

f617a6_b214b3ecd2a24440a4ab8026333a4aec~

-Christian

Fossildude19

Topics merged. :) 

Tidgy's Dad
13 minutes ago, Dinoguy89 said:

Thanks Tidgy's dad, interesting article, living not far from Lyme Regis I've encountered these creatures on the Jurassic coast.

Yes, I'm from the South West of England and also spent a lot of time frolicking with the ichthyosaurs on the North Somerset and South Dorset coasts.:)

Dinoguy89
Just now, Tidgy's Dad said:

Yes, I'm from the South West of England and also spent a lot of time frolicking with the ichthyosaurs on the North Somerset and South Dorset coasts.:)

It really is beautiful down here isn't it, I can't get enough of Lyme and Charmouth. Have you found much over the years?

Tidgy's Dad
2 minutes ago, Dinoguy89 said:

It really is beautiful down here isn't it, I can't get enough of Lyme and Charmouth. Have you found much over the years?

Well, haven't been collecting there for 25 years or more, but I found a fair amount of good stuff back in the day, yes.:)

Lots of ribs, verts including a really huge one, one of the biggest i've ever seen, a rostrum with teeth in place, just one plesiosaur vert though, but with neural arch. 

Shed loads of ammonite, crionids, and so on. 

Most of it sold now, I'm sorry to say. :) Or died of pyrites disease in the case of a lot of ammonites.  

Dinoguy89
3 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Well, haven't been collecting there for 25 years or more, but I found a fair amount of good stuff back in the day, yes.:)

Lots of ribs, verts including a really huge one, one of the biggest i've ever seen, a rostrum with teeth in place, just one plesiosaur vert though, but with neural arch. 

Shed loads of ammonite, crionids, and so on. 

Most of it sold now, I'm sorry to say. :) Or died of pyrites disease in the case of a lot of ammonites.  

Sounds great, what I wouldn't give to go back there 20 years ago. It's sad to say but it's too busy there now, it's like it all year round. I've found that it's getting toughest to find things. Don't get me wrong I think everyone should be able to take home a little piece of the Jurassic Coast but I see some of these fossil hunters who do it everyday, I sometimes think to myself who needs hundreds of calcite ammonite haha maybe that's just me. :)