Fake of the day

do you prefer insects?

sold as: '' Natural fossil insect specimens of hand polishing amber beetles ''.
Direct from China, for less than 2 dollars, already sold 28 there are only 5 still available, rush to not miss the last ones !:hearty-laugh:

faux.JPG

• I found this Informative 2

13 hours ago, marguy said:

do you prefer insects?

sold as: '' Natural fossil insect specimens of hand polishing amber beetles ''.
Direct from China, for less than 2 dollars, already sold 28 there are only 5 still available, rush to not miss the last ones !:hearty-laugh:

faux.JPG

Ah yes.... gotta love the perfectly posed, perfectly centered bugs..... in the perfectly clear imitation amber like resin or plastic. 

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

18 hours ago, Kane said:

Another fake, this time of a Uralichas hispanicus. Note how the left pleural segment and axial ring spawns two on the other side where circled. Also note the lack of symmetry in the pygidial area and the curious blunting of the pygidial spine. I would say if there is anything authentic in this piece, it would be the glabella and a few of the axial rings below it, only. 

68266180-39AD-4B0B-9D44-611DFFED4D5B.jpeg.2615f0196039f4a236d662fcbcb2842e.jpeg

Not bad..this time is only 1052$ for now :doh!:

they also have a SYMPHYSOPS STEVANINAE, just for curiosity it's real or not?

Watching over internet i foud that site where are shown the same specimen (if it's a problem the link i remove it)

https://www.ammonit.ru/text/1370.htm

Immagine.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

3 hours ago, daves64 said:

Ah yes.... gotta love the perfectly posed, perfectly centered bugs..... in the perfectly clear imitation amber like resin or plastic. 

LOL...

Although, I have to say these are pretty cool (when not marketed as amber fossils :ank: ). When I was a kid, I had one of these on my "nature shelf" of a growth series of locust from egg to full maturity. You can get some lovely display insects and arachnids for very cheap. The only hesitation being that I'm unsure if they have been collected ethically.

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

I hope no one missed the opportunity to bid on this fake bug that went for the low, low price of $621.  From the same seller that brought us the fuzzy Selenopeltis gallica and the fake Uralichas, It was called a Resserops from the Lower Ordovician Fezouata Formation.  The only thing the seller got right is that the Fezouata Formation is indeed Lower Ordovician.  And if this thing was really a Resserops, which is a genus in the Redlichiida, it could not be Ordovician because the order Redlichiida went extinct at the end of the Middle Cambrian.  Perhaps more relevant than a possible innocent misnaming of the trilobite is that the left and right pleural regions don't show distinct segments, they're all sort of melted together.  A poor cast or carving, I'm not sure which.

BTW, the same seller has offered several "Elvis" trilobites, one with fake spines added to the fake trilobite.

Fortunately, all his bugs come with Certificates of Authenticity.

fake-resserops.png

• I found this Informative 2