I'm out of time!!!!

Steve D.

1 minute ago, Steve D. said:

I thought that as well. There was another gent on the beach as I left who had a big Hemp... his had the ridges on the sides. Mine is beveled off. Not sure if that is from ware or if it is a Sand Tiger

IMG_20190122_173215990.jpg

1 hour ago, Steve D. said:

IMG_20190122_173215990.jpg

Well Done! You finally got one! That is a Hemipristis serra, lower tooth.

• I found this Informative 3

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Actually the other tooth is also a Hemi lower, minus the root.

• I found this Informative 2

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

3 hours ago, Steve D. said:

Nice finds! 

Congrats on your Hemipristis. :)

• I found this Informative 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Hello,

Just wanted to let you know I sometimes go to brownies and purse as well. I rarely find teeth by just walking and looking. I must be blind to shark teeth. After maybe 10 trips I have found maybe 3 small teeth that way.  If I bring my shovel and sift through the shell line I always find some teeth. At purse after a few hours I usually get 30 to 50 teeth. I usually do not keep the really tiny ones. At purse usually a 1/4 to 1 inch teeth. At Brownies a 1/4 to 1.5 inch. I have not found a really good tooth yet. But I have seen people with in 30 yards of me finding a meg. One by sifting and one found under a rock. So, I did get to see the one guy do a song and meg dance after his score. Maybe one day I will be lucky. I know they are there.

Great that you are getting some teeth!  Mostly patience (which I admittedly lack) and getting the "eye" (I'm half blind).  And I find some.  Yesterday I was disappointed to find almost nothing   (found a fair amount of 'whale bone' pieces and a few "'shrimp coprolite burrows") at one of the lowest tides this year on my beach for the first hour.  But as the tide started coming in, teeth started showing during the second hour and I picked up several in the wash.  I stayed another hour with no more teeth.  "My" beach has a lot of rusted metal (nails, tubes, nuts, bolts, wire, washers) and small black wet wood pieces which means "shiny black" is often meaningless.  I find more picking at what could be the roots of the teeth, but occasionally they are obvious.

Good luck and keep after them!