New fossils found in creek bed today

edteach

So one is obviouly a shell or I think its a shell, the other looks like a dragon fly wing but that is just to my untrained eye. The other has a lot of small things on it.

fossil hobbs park 2.JPG

fossil hobbs park.JPG

I can see there fenestrate bryozoans, crinoid columnal facets, and maybe bivalve or brachiopod imprints.

• I found this Informative 4

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Mr. Blackbeard, you should get in the habit of stating where your items are found. This often times helps a lot in assisting with proper identification.

That being said, I will agree with Abyssunder's assessment.

• I found this Informative 1

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Agree with all of the above. 

And a tape measure or ruler for scale is good too. :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

The first specimen looks like Archaeocyathids. The rock would have to be Cambrian for that to be true.

2 hours ago, fossilcrazy said:

The first specimen looks like Archaeocyathids. The rock would have to be Cambrian for that to be true.

Were they crinoid columnals one can explain the lack of radial elements in the one to the upper right by proposing that the crenelations were worn away in the deposition process.

Is there an equal or better explanation being an Archaeocyathid ?