Ptychodus04

Why does time grind to a halt the moment you place an order for a new prep tool? In a moment of weakness, my wife agreed to me ordering a new Vaniman abrasive blaster and a Paleo Tools Super Jack scribe. Of course, I'm not waiting around for minds to change. :muahaha:

• I found this Informative 7

Nice!! :dinothumb:

That woman better get some surprise flowers at some point in the near future! ;)  :P 

• I found this Informative 4

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

All sales final! :D 

I hear you... I've been waiting eons for you to give me a CP9361. :P Oh, and a bigger compressor. 

• I found this Informative 2

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

16 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

Nice!! :dinothumb:

That woman better get some surprise flowers at some point in the near future! ;)  :P 

Of course, she just got an antique roll top desk. That being said, I'd have to agree with you.

16 minutes ago, Kane said:

All sales final! :D 

I hear you... I've been waiting eons for you to give me a CP9361. :P Oh, and a bigger compressor. 

If my 9361 had not totally imploded last summer, forcing my upgrade to the ME9100, I would have gladly sent it to you. :D I didn't think anyone would want a scribe that had little metal shavings all over the seized valve when I opened it up! You're more than welcome to use my shop whenever you want to though. :P

11 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Nice wifey.:)

It'll be worth the wait.

Yah, she's pretty tolerant of my shenanigans. I'd better start making some money prepping fossils. :P

• I found this Informative 1

31 minutes ago, Ptychodus04 said:

Why does time grind to a halt the moment you place an order for a new prep tool? In a moment of weakness, my wife agreed to me ordering a new Vaniman abrasive blaster and a Paleo Tools Super Jack scribe. Of course, I'm not waiting around for minds to change. :muahaha:

Don't forget! Valentine's Day is right around the corner. Perfect chance to reciprocate!

54 minutes ago, Ptychodus04 said:

Yah, she's pretty tolerant of my shenanigans. I'd better start making some money prepping fossils.

Now is not the time to start thinking of making money prepping fossils! Turn your thoughts to the sheer exhilaration of discovery and the contribution to knowledge and beauty you are making! Indeed, consider the betterment of yourself that each experience imparts!

Your friend snolly (whose fossil Kris is currently prepping)

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

1 hour ago, snolly50 said:

Now is not the time to start thinking of making money prepping fossils! Turn your thoughts to the sheer exhilaration of discovery and the contribution to knowledge and beauty you are making! Indeed, consider the betterment of yourself that each experience imparts!

Your friend snolly (whose fossil Kris is currently prepping)

Really. Why do a silly thing like that? You would think I would have figured out that there’s no money in it by now...

2 hours ago, Ptychodus04 said:

Of course, she just got an antique roll top desk. That being said, I'd have to agree with you.

Do you realize how hard it is to make a bouquet out of desks?! 

At least one that looks nicely arranged. ;)

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

11 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Do you realize how hard it is to make a bouquet out of desks?! 

At least one that looks nicely arranged. ;)

That would be extremely expensive as well.

Ok, a Super Jack?   You  have now joined the 'Big Boys!!!   Welcome aboard sir.   But to tell you the truth, I have never heard of a Vaniman?  Dont they also make industrial vacuumes?  and dont you already have an abrasive blaster?   Whats going on?  and just how rich are you?  and by any chance do you have a spare bedroom?   :)

RB

Just now, RJB said:

Ok, a Super Jack?   You  have now joined the 'Big Boys!!!   Welcome aboard sir.   But to tell you the truth, I have never heard of a Vaniman?  Dont they also make industrial vacuumes?  and dont you already have an abrasive blaster?   Whats going on?  and just how rich are you?  and by any chance do you have a spare bedroom?   :)

RB

Yep, I’ve been drooling over pictures of the Super Jack for a few years now and cussing when I could really use one on a prep (I have a couple large ammonites that need it).

Vaniman makes dental abrasive equipment with some industrial equipment to my understanding. @Vaniman Nathan can correct me if I’m wrong.

My current abrasive blaster is fine for small scale work but uses too much abrasive for any really large projects. Plus, I wanted to upgrade to get more control and better economy. It would be fine if I wasn’t prepping so much but I find myself trying to avoid using abrasives because of this.

I’m not rich at all but got some good news from my tax guy on my annual payment to Uncle Sam this year so I lobbied for an investment in the fossil prep business (read money losing business). :P I figured there’s no time like the present.

Once you learn that Super Jack, you will fall on love with it.  I used mine for about 4 hours today.  A heck of a time saver!!! 

RB

18 minutes ago, RJB said:

Once you learn that Super Jack, you will fall on love with it.  I used mine for about 4 hours today.  A heck of a time saver!!! 

RB

That’s what I’m hoping for. The ME9100 just can’t handle the bulk matrix removal.

12 minutes ago, Ludwigia said:

Don't forget to put on your goggles and a safety helmet once you put that thing into action :P

I can’t see anything with the blast shield down, how am I supposed to prep?

27F76ABD-3C56-4CE0-B6F2-8F23222DEF79.jpeg.487336209227f4d979613f4e673344e5.jpeg

13 hours ago, Ptychodus04 said:

I can’t see anything with the blast shield down, how am I supposed to prep?

27F76ABD-3C56-4CE0-B6F2-8F23222DEF79.jpeg.487336209227f4d979613f4e673344e5.jpeg

Envision the object through the Force. Let it guide you. If that fails, get a different helmet. :D

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

23 minutes ago, Ptychodus04 said:

My Vaniman abrasive blaster is supposed to arrive today and my Super Jack is coming tomorrow!! :yay-smiley-1: Woohoo!! This week is taking forever!

:popcorn:

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

2 hours ago, Ptychodus04 said:

... my Super Jack is coming tomorrow!! :yay-smiley-1: Woohoo!! This week is taking forever!

superjack-railroad.gif.d4bd13381617e2ae6039a7ce87047b0f.gif:trilowalk:

The trilobite train is rolling along.

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

Just now, Ptychodus04 said:

It’s on! The matrix doesn’t stand a chance against this beast.

776AAAF2-4C7C-4214-BCC8-8F0E089285AC.thumb.jpeg.d773f7017fc9b5d9e2be3b1c37c06163.jpeg

I can feel the power of that thing right through my screen. I want one! :P 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer