Acheroratpor tooth confirmation

fossilsonwheels

Based on the numerous and informative posts of @Troodon, I feel pretty confident that this tooth is an Acheroraptor. It is from the Hell Creek formation, South Dakota. I saw some things that looked diagnostic and the seller provided pics that were pretty good. Anybody want to confirm the ID or present an alternative ?

s-acheroraptor.jpg

s-acheroraptor 2.jpg

s-acheroraptor 3.jpg

acheroraptor 4.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

The vertical ridges in the first and fourth picture are diagnostic for this species. The denticles on the posterior side are also bigger than on the anterior side so I think this is indeed a tooth of Acheroraptor temertyorum.

• I found this Informative 4

14 minutes ago, gigantoraptor said:

The vertical ridges in the first and fourth picture are diagnostic for this species. The denticles on the posterior side are also bigger than on the anterior side so I think this is indeed a tooth of Acheroraptor temertyorum.

Cool. Thank you. I felt good about the ID but still nervous as I am new to dinosaurs but I credit TFF. There is some great information here.

• I found this Informative 1

On 2/7/2019 at 6:38 PM, mburkett said:

Are these ridges?  If so, no doubt it’s an Acheroraptor temertyorum tooth. It’s a beauty, too4C6C9DE6-D86B-47EB-BE6D-FF323BB70E48.thumb.jpeg.0f2c7c7985245dafdfca22c516ad4b40.jpeg

Yes the ridges are present. It is a really nice too. I am very happy with it :)

not knowing what this creature looked like, I googled it and came upon wonderful artistic images. How very cool...imagine it running around out west. https://www.deviantart.com/kana-hebi/art/Acheroraptor-temertyorum-642106683  This was such a cool image, I didn't want to cut and paste because of copyright laws, but thought it might be ok to include a link. 

• I found this Informative 2

On 2/13/2019 at 8:39 AM, dalmayshun said:

not knowing what this creature looked like, I googled it and came upon wonderful artistic images. How very cool...imagine it running around out west. https://www.deviantart.com/kana-hebi/art/Acheroraptor-temertyorum-642106683  This was such a cool image, I didn't want to cut and paste because of copyright laws, but thought it might be ok to include a link. 

That is a really cool rendition. my son is working on a bunch of scientific illustrations for our education program and I will make sure to show him this one. Thank you for sharing the link to that !!