Tucson 2019 Pictures

HamptonsDoc

On 2/15/2019 at 3:33 PM, Troodon said:

The faunas are closely related but there are differences.   I shared my knowledge about the European teeth with the person selling the Stegos and he was clueless about them and very happy to hear about it.

I find it fascinating that he's in the dinosaur business and has found a tooth of huge significance but hasn't bothered to do any research on what he may have. Is he knowledgeable about anything he sells? It seems he has made some very significant finds. I also find it interesting that he would not sell you the tooth. Does he not sell to private collectors or is he just not selling this tooth?

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/8/2019 at 8:30 PM, Wrangellian said:

Good point!

I second that.

I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't bothering much with 'small fry' like brachs any more - judging by these pics they are aiming for the big, impressive stuff, and there seems to be no shortage of it. Or maybe that's just the photographer! ;)

Some of it is just the sheer cost of selling at Tucson. One of those booths cost the seller $17,000 and that is in addition to hotels, transportation and food for two weeks. That would be a LOT of brachiopods.

• I found this Informative 2

“When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.” - Jack Handy

• 9 months later...

Thought i'd give this a bump to get everyone excited about this years show.  One more week!

Here are a few links to some of the other picture heavy Tucson threads from years past:

• I found this Informative 1