Real or fake Triceratops tooth?

FrostbyteFossils

Hello i bought this triceratops tooth a while ago and was just double checking its authenticity. Is it real? Thanks.

-Tom

15496940373014415324823711037807.jpg

1549694070727487327876801806973.jpg

Real ceratopsian, but not sure you can say triceratops. If it’s from Hell Creek Formation, it could be triceratops, Torvosaurus, or tatankasaurus. There’s really no way to tell off teeth. But the tooth is authentic ;) 

• I found this Informative 4

Excellent. It is from hell creek form. :) Quick question, how do you tell it is real? Is it the detail or?

11 minutes ago, FrostbyteFossils said:

Excellent. It is from hell creek form. :) Quick question, how do you tell it is real? Is it the detail or?

Few things, these teeth are found so often that it would most likely cost more money to fake it.

Next is the detail which can be the enamel, serrations, etc that are found on Dino teeth.

• I found this Informative 1

9 minutes ago, Runner64 said:

Few things, these teeth are found so often that it would most likely cost more money to fake it.

Next is the detail which can be the enamel, serrations, etc that are found on Dino teeth.

Thank you

Hi

Runner64 has nailed m, even with an unworn tooth you can’t say it is a 100% Triceratops tooth but a ceratopsian. Definitely real.  :dinothumb: