7inch spinosaurus claw or 4.75inch indeterminate possibly baharaosaurus claw?

Pterygotus

Recently, I saw a 7inch spinosaurus claw for sale and a nice 4.75inch possibly baharaosaurus claw for sale. The spinosaurus claw has repair and restoration, the possibly baharaosaurus claw has no repair or restoration. Which would you go for? First picture is of the spinosaurus. Second is of the possibly baharaosaurus.

A35AB65A-37FF-454F-BF74-DA61A4269F04.jpeg

CC269FCD-3D73-4428-AF9E-21FCE46359D7.jpeg

Hello, first of all I think it would be helpful if you could specify which is which. Second of all they both look pretty rough and beat up and I believe both of them have been restored. Third of all better pictures would be needed to determine their restoration%, species... And lastly the species is known as Bahariasaurus:).

Regards, indominus rex

• I found this Informative 1

Life started in the ocean. And so did my interest in fossils;).

3 minutes ago, indominus rex said:

Hello, first of all I think it would be helpful if you could specify which is which. Second of all they both look pretty rough and beat up and I believe both of them have been restored. Third of all better pictures would be needed to determine their restoration%, species... And lastly the species is known as Bahariasaurus:).

Regards, indominus rex

The first pic is the spinosaurus

2 minutes ago, Pterygotus said:

The first pic is the spinosaurus

I think we need better pictures of both as the supposed Bahariasaurus certainly has some rest and has been glued back. I'm not the best with ID these Kem Kem fossils but I do know there is some controversy and it is unsure as to whether Bahariasaurus is just Deltadromeus or the other way around. 

6 minutes ago, indominus rex said:

I think we need better pictures of both as the supposed Bahariasaurus certainly has some rest and has been glued back. I'm not the best with ID these Kem Kem fossils but I do know there is some controversy and it is unsure as to whether Bahariasaurus is just Deltadromeus or the other way around. 

Would it still be worth the price?(I’m wondering whether I’m allowed to state prices on this forum)

Bahariasaurus is only known from the Bahariya formation in Egypt, and these are probabely from the Kem Kem Beds. Both seems to be heavily restored but close up pictures might reveal more.

9 minutes ago, gigantoraptor said:

Bahariasaurus is only known from the Bahariya formation in Egypt, and these are probabely from the Kem Kem Beds. Both seems to be heavily restored but close up pictures might reveal more.

The seller states that he sees no restoration on the indeterminate claw.

16 minutes ago, gigantoraptor said:

If so then how much is the indeterminate claw worth?

3 minutes ago, Pterygotus said:

If so then how much is the indeterminate claw worth?

And how much is the spinosaurus claw worth?

We do not give price appraisals on TFF. Also the Indet claw has clear restoration.

Per Forum Rules, ... we do not give appraisals on the Forum. 

We can only give advice about our perceptions of the fossil. 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Just now, Pterygotus said:

And how much is the spinosaurus claw worth?

As per forum rules, we do not provide appraisals of fossils. It is worth what you are willing to pay for it. You can also compare prices for similar items on various auction sites. 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

4 minutes ago, indominus rex said:

We do not give price appraisals on TFF. Also the Indet claw has clear restoration.

Could you give an estimated percentage of restoration?

If complete and authentic specimens they are not common for sure. Especially one that is not spinosaurus.

9 hours ago, TyBoy said:

This claw is a composite of two different species ( C ) and looks like resto on the back end ( R )  Stay away from it

CC269FCD-3D73-4428-AF9E-21FCE46359D7.jpeg.777d132ddf0847b08cd7777f235e6632.jpg.48694c1fb44e0f94b3207716aafbd9e1.jpg

What about the spinosaurus?

The photos are not good enough to properly evaluate the claw.  If I were to guess its fake based on the odd overall profile.  Real 7" claws are exceptionally rare and very expensive.   You really have to question this seller based on the poor info he's provided you on the other claw and its condition.  I would look elsewhere.

Again, offering opinions about any seller is not the purpose of this forum.  Please restrict those opinions to a PM (private message).  Thanks for your help.

[Comments removed]

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ