Another Fruitful Trip

Crinoid Queen

I found more heads today. Cleaned the first one and it is great. I have no idea what it is though. From the structure looks almost like a flexible. any one have any ideas? Thanx

will pos the rest after i get um done

post-1179-12540268630918_thumb.jpg

Is that preped with the little blaster you asked me about a while back? It looks great.

Ramo

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

Is that preped with the little blaster you asked me about a while back? It looks great.

Ramo

Nope still by hand> I havent been able to find one around here like the one you showed me.

I got number two from my trip last weekend done. It turned out pritty good just another little macrocrinus though.

post-1179-12544636886003_thumb.jpg

Edited by Crinoid Queen

Crinoid Queen.....I agree with Nicholas regarding your prep... maybe the hand finish you do doesnt disturb the surrounding matrix to much and as a consequence doesnt detract your eye from the fossil itself.... Very nice and well done....

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

Beautiful, I love crinoids, so primitive. Very nice find. You're lucky to have such great material to collect.

Crinoid Queen.....I agree with Nicholas regarding your prep... maybe the hand finish you do doesnt disturb the surrounding matrix to much and as a consequence doesnt detract your eye from the fossil itself.... Very nice and well done....

thanx :blush:

will post the rest after i get um done

Here is the last one just got it done a few minutes ago. There is three in the slabb:D An agrocrinus slendens and a macrocrinus mudulus. The littlest one i have no idea what it is. Thanx for all the help and complements:)

CQ

post-1179-12546189533104_thumb.jpg

post-1179-12546190079326_thumb.jpg

post-1179-12546191489401_thumb.jpg

post-1179-12546191785457_thumb.jpg

Beautiful as always!

If you believe everything you read, perhaps it's time for you to stop reading...