Back in the creek!

beachbum

This past Sunday Mrs. beachbum and myself went out jcbshark (Jeff) , shellseeker (Jack) , and Dan. jcbshark ( thanks Jeff) took us to a creek near Arcadia, FL. which we haven't been to in a couple of years and showed us a different area to hunt there. The weather was great and the water to our surprise was warm. The water in the areas we hunted varied in depth from ankle deep to chest high, but since the air temp was perfect for the day we didn't mind at all. The variety of finds was outstanding. We ended up with some firsts for us, a partial bison tooth ( thanks Jack for the id) , horse incisor . We also found a gator scute, deer tine and a bunch of shark teeth ( hemi's, mako's ,tigers) , gator teeth, a couple of verts , and others. Thanks to Jeff and the others for a fun and enjoyable day in the creek.

IMG_2391.JPG

IMG_2392.JPG

IMG_2393.JPG

IMG_2394.JPG

• I found this Informative 1

You did well and I'm glad Jeff was able to find a spot that you didn't need a deep-diving submersible to reach. Great variety.

Still watching river gauges and trying to "will" the level to drop--so far with no luck. At this rate South Florida will be past its coldest months before I make it back out fossil hunting. At least I can then leave the waders behind and just get wet in the river.

Cheers.

-Ken

Great finds Jim,:) was great to get out with you guys again!

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Awesome! We're heading over that way next week- your finds / post definitely helps to get the family stoked!

Brent

Great haul of goodies! Congratulations! I am heading to Florida in two weeks and am hoping to score some decent stuff. Just received my permit renewal in the mail today.:)

• I found this Informative 1

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.