Mousehead

Hello!  I recently bought a moroccan Carcharodontosaurus tooth and found, to my surprise, this little guy wedged underneath the foam in the box.  It's hollow and looks a bit like a croc tooth but I'm not sure.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

INSIDE.jpg

SIDEA.jpg

SIDEB.jpg

I think you're right in that it's likely a crocodilian tooth. However I'm not sure of what variety as there were a number in the Kem Kem, most of which are not thoroughly described. Another forum member may be able to narrow it down.

A rooted croc tooth makes for a nice little addition with a carch tooth!

Thank you for confirming my suspicions.  It's definitely a nice little unexpected bonus – I was going to throw away the box but thought, wouldn't it be crazy if something else were in here...?

I agree it looks a lot like croc.

Only thing is... those colors do not look at all like what you would expect from the Kem Kem, so I doubt that's where it's from. Which location it does come from, I don't know... brown/black is common for many locations around the world, just not for Kem Kem. And without the location it's gonna be a pain in the rear end to determine age and species! :( 

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

12 hours ago, Mousehead said:

this little guy wedged underneath the foam in the box

I'm sure I'm not the only person to be jealous of such a cool surprise! :D :envy:

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils