A few mysteries from my creek haul- one big one!

Racheld1

I was hunting in a SW Florida creek and found some great fossils. These are the ones I couldn’t identify. The first one is really large- most intriguing to me. 

5B04FBF6-9CAC-45F4-A6B5-3B3EE135623A.jpeg

0969271B-6FF3-4525-9746-3DCC94257059.jpeg

Alligator Jaw, Turtle shell, Snake vertebrae.  Nice finds.

• I found this Informative 2

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

18 minutes ago, Shellseeker said:

Alligator Jaw, Turtle shell, Snake vertebrae.  Nice finds.

Ty! I have a few more if you want to take a peek- I was thinking horse or bison teeth? 

C4264A93-1777-425D-AE0D-0B376CE5CBA5.jpeg

7763AF2E-C60E-4AD8-9750-FC33C819F51E.jpeg

I am pretty sure that Bison, and Bison lower jaw are 1st 2.  Not enough to determine if the third is Bison or Horse.

Definitely small whale or large dolphin.  I would go with Dolphin based on size and local % of dolphin over whale.  Hopefully others will chime in.

• I found this Informative 1

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

9 hours ago, Shellseeker said:

I am pretty sure that Bison, and Bison lower jaw are 1st 2.  Not enough to determine if the third is Bison or Horse.

Definitely small whale or large dolphin.  I would go with Dolphin based on size and local % of dolphin over whale.  Hopefully others will chime in.

So cool! Thank you, you’re the best! You’ve been so helpful :)

• 3 weeks later...

I would say the last couple pics are definitely a cetacean ear bone.  The largest one is as @Shellseeker probably part of a jaw bone.  The vert looks pretty snakish to me, but I'm no vert expert. All and all, not a bad haul for a day in the creek. Sifting or snorkeling?  Both?

On 5/11/2019 at 4:38 AM, joshuajbelanger said:

I would say the last couple pics are definitely a cetacean ear bone.  The largest one is as @Shellseeker probably part of a jaw bone.  The vert looks pretty snakish to me, but I'm no vert expert. All and all, not a bad haul for a day in the creek. Sifting or snorkeling?  Both?

Sifting! I don’t think I’d be comfortable snorkeling in tea colored water haha

On 5/15/2019 at 8:28 PM, Racheld1 said:

Sifting! I don’t think I’d be comfortable snorkeling in tea colored water haha

Tea?  Lol, that’s on a good day!