The Bone Wars Episode of Drunk History

MightyPretzel

I want to suggest something to watch on TV because I think it is rare to come across a comedy show that puts any measure of focus on paleontology. It is episode one, season three of the show "Drunk History" that airs on Comedy Central.  The episode is about a famous rivalry between paleontologists Edward Cope and Othniel Marsh called the "Bone Wars."

The show is basically a host going around the country getting comedians drunk and having said comedians narrate stories about something historical. The show then has people act out what is being narrated and sometimes they get some famous actors and actresses for those parts. I enjoy it because I get to laugh and learn at the same time. It can get pretty weird sometimes and the language gets colorful (they do bleep things out) but that is what you get when you pay a comedian to drink and be funny at the same time.   

The story about their rivalry is pretty interesting and definitely worth learning about even if the above does not sound appealing. It is available on Hulu and there is a way to watch it on Comedy Central's website. Three segments make up an episode, the second segment is about the Bone Wars. 

• I found this Informative 1

I love Drunk History so I am watching this tonight. I have been reading about the Bone Wars so this will be hilarious I am sure. Thank you