After The Stumpin'

Guest Smilodon

Guest Smilodon

(with apologies to Rod Stewart)

"I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon but to settle down and post you a stumper"

I give this a 4 on the Stump-O-Meter but it is kinda cool. The enigmatic topic title refers to after the stumpin', it will magically reappear on the For Sale thread at a very reasonable price.

Clues:

Hefalump

Miocene (oooh, Miocene)

Eastern Hemisphere

5 1/2 inches long

I believe the guy I bought it from (Pete the Pirate) is still in jail in his native country (adds to cool factor and value don't ya think?)

post-2027-12551140082929_thumb.jpg

post-2027-12551140279248_thumb.jpg

post-2027-12551140468038_thumb.jpg

Dang, that's twice in a row now :blush: Somebody HELP!!!!

Edited by Smilodon

Is it Stego, Don?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Chas,

I didn't get the joke until now. It was a joke wasn't it? :D

<flashing an enigmatic grin>

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

How about Gomphotherium....

[/b][/font]

Roz, I was thinking Gomp but the flatness of it threw me off, that and I thought it would be too easy for Don, but you may be right :wacko::D

Maybe it's a new species Don named for himself Donodonodon :P:D

Dinotherium? I'm not finding any good picture of teeth. Best thing I found was this link:

http://www.himandus.net/elefunteria/library/science+nature/evolution.html

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

PF, took off that bullyland as a type of gomp. Pretty sure it was a line of elephant toys. Came up on one

of my searches.. lol

Welcome to the forum!

I was thinking gomp then I saw Roz's Bullyland Gomp had to google it. Not sure what Roz is up to but I want some

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

PF, took off that bullyland as a type of gomp. Pretty sure it was a line of elephant toys. Came up on one

of my searches.. lol

I took it out of your quote on my post :)

It does look very gomp like. I don't think I was right to say Dinotherium :wacko::) Finally found an actual pic and looks nothing like that.

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Guest Smilodon

Sorry folks, rough night last night prevented me from giving out the usual mid-course clues.

It was funny because Auspex answered first with half of the name, but was making a joke, which I was too dense to realize until later, DUH, but he did have 1/2 the name.

Then 32ford boy had half the name but was merely seeking an Attaboy and desperately throwing out any mixture of names - which we don't encourage at the Stumpin' Labs. :P

32fordboy and Phoenixflood do get some kind of award for most creative use of my name.

So, no Attaboy awards but I do bestow 3, newly created, Hehe awards to Aussie, 32, and PF. Good going.

Now on to the answer.

Miocene, found in a sand pit in Tachang District, Korat Province, Thailand (I thought for sure somebody would get it with that information :lolu: ) Behold

Stegolophodon