Amazing Articulated Troodon Skeleton

JarrodB

I thought I would share this amazing articulated Troodon skeleton recently found by a respected fossil team. It's currently on the market so hopefully it ends up in a nice museum so everyone can enjoy it. 

troodongenusnovum03-0_600.jpg

troodon-0_600.jpg

troodongenusnovum26-0_600.jpg

troodon028-0_600.jpg

• I found this Informative 5

Its been for sale quite a long time,  again a seller that is asking an unreasonable price for whats there why probably it has not sold.  

• I found this Informative 1

I quite agree. It's a beautiful fossil, but the price is ridiculous. It would indeed be nice if a museum got a hold of it.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

24 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Yes nice but basically only a pair of legs 

Yeah if you look at the other stuff in that price range it does seem pretty expensive. 

It is not priced for a museum purchase in my opinion. I work for a small museum and I just spoke to my ED last week about the state of museum budgets. There are a lot of museums that are facing serious budget crunches. I just can not see a museum paying that much for a partial specimen that would not be much of draw.

Let's try to keep the talk about the fossil itself, and not the pricing or seller.   Thanks ;) 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

12 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

Let's try to keep the talk about the fossil itself, and not the pricing or seller.   Thanks ;) 

I agree. Amazing fossil for sure.