Plesiosaurus/Crocodile teeth

suchomimus20

I was looking around on internet then i saw this Plesiosaurus tooth for sale and i wanted to get it but i wondered if it was a actual fossil or just a fake. It was said to be found in Khouribga Phosphate Mine, Morocco, is 100 million years old (Cretaceous) and is 45 by 15 mm

p29.jpg

Also here's a crocodile tooth i'm also thinking of getting.  Kem Kem Basin, Morocco, Cretaceous 100 million years old and the Specimen is 32 by 16 mm.

cr20.jpg

I would like to see more pictures from different angles of both pieces. The only plesiosaur is the Khouribga Phosphate mines is Zarafasaura oceanis and their teeth aren't exactly rare, so it's good possible (and even most likely due to the long shape) this is one. It's not 100 myo however, since that would be early Cenomanian (Early late Cretaceous). The phosphate mines are around 67 myo, or Maastrichtian (Late Cretaceous).

The second piece can indeed be a crocodile tooth. There are various species desribed here. This one would be Cenomanian, so between 100,5 and 93,9 myo.

• I found this Informative 1

10 minutes ago, gigantoraptor said:

I would like to see more pictures from different angles of both pieces. The only plesiosaur is the Khouribga Phosphate mines is Zarafasaura oceanis and their teeth aren't exactly rare, so it's good possible (and even most likely due to the long shape) this is one. It's not 100 myo however, since that would be early Cenomanian (Early late Cretaceous). The phosphate mines are around 67 myo, or Maastrichtian (Late Cretaceous).

The second piece can indeed be a crocodile tooth. There are various species desribed here. This one would be Cenomanian, so between 100,5 and 93,9 myo.

Thanks now i know what species it is (the plesiosaur) and how old it really is, also i'm might be getting both soon probably around two weeks from now.

12 hours ago, Darko said:

Looks like Zarafasaurus

*Zarafasaura

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite