Pliosaurus or Plesiosaurus

MiseriKing

Hello. My qestion - pliosaurus or plesiosaurus?

Fossil from Russia Cretaceous (Cenomanian stage), Tambov and Ryazan region

OkyCEbwkZB4.jpg

pPZfz1F6LkE.jpg

Nice teeth! 

I'm leaning towards Pliosauroidea(for the 2nd one) , but want to see what others say

First one is a fish similar to Pachyrhizodus. Second one is most likely a plesiosauroid, possibly Leptocleidid.

• I found this Informative 2

The Tooth Fairy

3 hours ago, Anomotodon said:

First one is a fish similar to Pachyrhizodus. Second one is most likely a plesiosauroid, possibly Leptocleidid.

You might be wright with the first tooth. About the 2nd tooth,  isn't it so that Leptocleidid lived during early cretaceous? I doubted plesiosaur for the grooves... 

1 hour ago, Natalie81 said:

You might be wright with the first tooth. About the 2nd tooth,  isn't it so that Leptocleidid lived during early cretaceous? I doubted plesiosaur for the grooves... 

Leptocleidus is a genus that lived in Early Cretaceous, right, but I am talking about a larger clade Leptocleidia that includes families Leptocleididae and Polycotylidae. Their teeth have enamel folds, look at these teeth from a polycotylid Dolichorhynchops

�а��инки по зап�о�� polycotylid teeth

• I found this Informative 5

The Tooth Fairy

5 minutes ago, Anomotodon said:

Leptocleidus is a genus that lived in Early Cretaceous, right, but I am talking about a larger clade Leptocleidia that includes families Leptocleididae and Polycotylidae. Their teeth have enamel folds, look at these teeth from a polycotylid Dolichorhynchops

�а��инки по зап�о�� polycotylid teeth

Thank you very much for the info!