ThePhysicist

Hey y'all, I went to POC for the first time yesterday and came back with some stuff I need help ID'ing. 

1. Shark teeth - Cretodus crassidens?

2. Large shark tooth - Cretoxyrhina?

3. shark tooth - Scapanorhynchus?

4. Enamel/tooth frag - mosasaur?

5. shark tooth - Cretolamna appendiculata?

All scale bars = 1 cm. The enamel (4) is < .5 cm in length. 4 is definitely not shark - too thick - and reminds me of crocodiles, but I haven't heard of any crocs there. I also found another mosasaur tooth frag.

I know this can be really difficult, so I really appreciate your help!

IMG_0803.jpg

IMG_0835.JPG

IMG_0837.JPG

IMG_4158.jpg

IMG_0811.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

"Argumentation cannot suffice for the discovery of new work, since the subtlety of Nature is greater many times than the subtlety of argument." - Carl Sagan

"I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there." - Richard Feynman

Collections: Hell Creek Microsite | Hell Creek/Lance | Dinosaurs | Sharks | SquamatesPost Oak Creek | North Sulphur RiverLee Creek | Aguja | Permian | Devonian | Triassic | Harding Sandstone

Instagram: @thephysicist_tff

1 looks like Cretodus, 2 has the diagnostic features worn off but based on locality it should be ginsu (unless it is a contaminant), 3 is Scapanorhynchus, 4 is fragmentary but likely Mosasaur, 5 is a Scapanorhynchus upper lateral.

• I found this Informative 1

“You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one.” ― Mikhail Tal