Phalanx bone ID needed. Raptor?

DatFossilBoy

Hey guys.

I recently acquired this nice  phalanx bone but I don’t know what it could be from...

Originally was thinking raptor ( dromaeosaurid ) but I’m not sure. Any ideas?

35 mm, Kem Kem, Morocco.

Thank you for the input :).

Regards

B6A2CCD8-3A92-468B-8C4D-62F2E179D0F2.jpeg

164B7225-62B5-4511-AF18-E31E4940CE10.jpeg

649DD55B-56E7-4389-8B2A-B9BFECC1E494.jpeg

C6141D23-914B-4800-AAA1-1001DFBD1E2E.jpeg

Looks like a nice indeterminate theropod phalanx.  Isolated theropod  toe bones are extremely hard to ID even in the best of cases and in the Kem Kem where hardly anything is published nothing can be said who it belongs to.  We still do not have validation that a Dromaeosaurid / raptor is present in that fauna.

• I found this Informative 1

26 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Looks like a nice indeterminate theropod phalanx.  Isolated theropod  toe bones are extremely hard to ID even in the best of cases and in the Kem Kem where hardly anything is published not can be said who it belongs to.  We still do not have validation that a Dromaeosaurid / raptor is present in that fauna.

Thank you very much.

Didn’t know no Dromaeosauridae were not present.

18 minutes ago, DatFossilBoy said:

Thank you very much.

Didn’t know no Dromaeosauridae were not present.

Well there are isolated teeth suggest they might be but no publication or paleontologist has yet to claim they are present.  One publication call them "Dromaeosaurid like" .  My money says they are there but it will take more discoveries and research to validate that claim, hopefully its already well in progress.

• I found this Informative 1

9 hours ago, Troodon said:

Well there are isolated teeth suggest they might be but no publication or paleontologist has yet to claim they are present.  One publication call them "Dromaeosaurid like" .  My money says they are there but it will take more discoveries and research to validate that claim, hopefully its already well in progress.

Got it. Thanks