Tiny Cretaceous Decorative something -ID help if possible

JamieLynn

This little thing may be too small and too busted up to ID, but it's just really lovely. I'd be happy for any info. Found near Canyon Lake, Glen Rose Formation. Thanks y'all!

DSCN2914.thumb.JPG.28bde4da199d54fc9d3913cd5d692abf.JPGDSCN2907.thumb.JPG.153ab6116fc57ccfde603636e97e572d.JPGDSCN2911.thumb.JPG.b88af7fb435d1bc57adbbc95439ad21c.JPGDSCN2905.thumb.JPG.5670c452138cb32eeecd3bf557d88ce7.JPG

Looks to be a little gastropod. Hopefully someone can ring in with a more precise ID on it.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

It's a beauty, whatever it is. :wub:

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

Do you have any more specifics? Formation? Looks like it could be Glen Rose or Corsicana but Fm (or a closer location) would help either way.

56 minutes ago, -AnThOnY- said:

Do you have any more specifics? Formation? Looks like it could be Glen Rose or Corsicana but Fm (or a closer location) would help either way.

I agree. The location it was found will be tremendously helpful for finding possible IDs...

oh jeez, sorry. Forgot all that. Cretaceous Glen Rose, probably upper based on other finds...lots of loriolia urchins and a few pliotoxasters.  Found near Canyon Lake. 

Looks like some form of Nerita sp? gastropod. Not sure I could get it any closer than that

oooh...thanks! It does look like a Nerita ornata in the Texas Cretaceous Gastropods book, but that is found in the Woodbine formation, so hmmmm....