Ordovician Collecting Day 2- Wilder, Melbourne, Alexandria, Kentucky and Lawrenceburg, Indiana

Nimravis

Nice finds as always! You find the best stuff whether it’s a road cut or yard sale! :envy:

One of these days I’m going to have to make the drive to meet you in Northern Kentucky! You point the way. I’ll buy lunch and make sure you come home with all your tools! ;) 

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

2 hours ago, FossilNerd said:

One of these days I’m going to have to make the drive to meet you in Northern Kentucky! You point the way. I’ll buy lunch and make sure you come home with all your tools

Sounds good- I’m always up for a 5 hour drive to collect fossils.

9 hours ago, Nimravis said:

Sounds good- I’m always up for a 5 hour drive to collect fossils.

:dinothumb:It would be a 3.5-4 hour drive for me, and I live in Kentucky... :blink:

Totally worth it for good fossils and great company! :) 

• I found this Informative 1

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

Great post and finds! I love the Ordovician and Silurian assemblages of the US. This summer I had the opportunity to collect fossils in fsmous Ohio localites, like Trammel Fossil Park and Caesar Creek State Park. I slept in Newport, Ky, that is literally less than 10 mins away from the Wilder outcrop. I wish I had seen this post earlier,  I would have loved to spend a morning there!! 

Follow me on Instagram (@italian_fossilhunter).

1 hour ago, Italo40 said:

Great post and finds! I love the Ordovician and Silurian assemblages of the US. This summer I had the opportunity to collect fossils in fsmous Ohio localites, like Trammel Fossil Park and Caesar Creek State Park. I slept in Newport, Ky, that is literally less than 10 mins away from the Wilder outcrop. I wish I had seen this post earlier,  I would have loved to spend a morning there!! 

Thanks for the comments and if you come back you have to check out AA Highway.

• 1 year later...