What is this trilobite? Devonian/Ordovician? (Bardstown Kentucky)

Bone Daddy

Here is a piece of shale(?) that I believe is from a locality near Bardstown Kentucky and either Devonian or Ordovician deposits. There is nifty-looking trilobite with detailed eyes popping out of the rock matrix. Can anyone verify what type/species of trilobite this is?

Thanks!  :)

trilo-n-1.JPG

trilo-n-2.JPG

trilo-n-3.JPG

It looks at first blush like an Eldredgeops sp. (Devonian), but a clear, well lit photo of the eyes alone may be necessary so as to do a file/lens count.

@piranha

• I found this Informative 3

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

I got it from my stepson @joshuajbelanger who collected it while on a trip to Kentucky. I know it's from an exposure outside of Bardstown in Shelby county, but otherwise I don't have a specific place name locality for it.

I don’t think that’s one that I collected.  Not bardstown.

• I found this Informative 1

Bardstown is in Nelson County KY, Shelby co. is further to the west and the entire county is Ordovician.  The odd thing is I don't know of any exposure in the State that has Devonian trilobites. There are some residual Dev. Limestones around the Bardstown area, I found some great Rugose Mound Coral there but it was silicified and was basically coming from soil horizons.  Louisville area near the river has intact Dev. LS but I have never heard of anyone finding a Dev. Trilo.  So this is kind of a mystery. 

• I found this Informative 1

Yeah, I think the trilos I gave you are actually Silurian and of the calymene variety.

The ones I found anyway, some were given to me, but I don’t have all the info for those.