Jackson g

Carboniferous Fauna display of Tightwad, Missouri

Fossildude19

Cool idea and display. :) 

Mahnmut

Great collection!

I would also like to see them in some kind of diorama, but your way gives an impression of the abundance of your region.

Cheers,

J

Rockin' Ric

Nice!

Jackson g

Thank you all for the kind words! :)

On 8/2/2019 at 3:26 AM, Mahnmut said:

Great collection!

I would also like to see them in some kind of diorama, but your way gives an impression of the abundance of your region.

Cheers,

J

Now that is definitely a great idea! Box 2 is in the works, but that may get scrapped for the diorama idea!

Randyw
11 hours ago, Jackson g said:

Thank you all for the kind words! :)

Now that is definitely a great idea! Box 2 is in the works, but that may get scrapped for the diorama idea!

Looking forward to seeing how it comes out. :popcorn:

box 1 looks good and is a great idea!

Jackson g

So instead of doing a Box #2 immediately, I decided to maximize the space in my Box #1. I literally cannot cram anything more into this display if I tried. It was tough to get a good photo to fit the forum. Everything here again comes from just outside the great little town of Tightwad, Missouri (Mississippian in geologic age). I am pretty proud of this end result, though I thought I was initially the first time! Box #2 is in the works now.

20200430_160615.jpg

Wrangellian

Looks good! I must have missed this one first time around.  You do have an abundance of fossils in your area...

I don't think I would (or could) do this with the fossils in my area, partly because I might not be able to stand the idea of my finds jumbled up against one another like that (guess I'm just a persnickety specimen collector) but also I just don't have such an abundance, and even if I did everything would be black shale!.. but it does make for an attractive paleo-smorgasbord in your case.

BTW I don't recall if I ever asked you if you knew what stage of the Mississippian your Warsaw and Burligton Fms are part of?

minnbuckeye

I love the fossils no matter how they are displayed!!  Tightwad seemed like an unkind name of a town. Here is what I found: 

The village's unusual name is said to stem from an episode in which a store owner cheated a customer, who was a postman, by charging him an extra 50 cents for a better watermelon. Some sources claim the transaction involved a rooster rather than a watermelon.[7

Jackson g
On 5/14/2020 at 5:42 AM, Wrangellian said:

Looks good! I must have missed this one first time around.  You do have an abundance of fossils in your area...

I don't think I would (or could) do this with the fossils in my area, partly because I might not be able to stand the idea of my finds jumbled up against one another like that (guess I'm just a persnickety specimen collector) but also I just don't have such an abundance, and even if I did everything would be black shale!.. but it does make for an attractive paleo-smorgasbord in your case.

BTW I don't recall if I ever asked you if you knew what stage of the Mississippian your Warsaw and Burligton Fms are part of?

I just wanted a nice collage of critters! It's a little project I've been working on for over a year. I do have a lot of single specimens set aside in drawers, but thats (for me) no fun. Stage wise, I'm not sure if I ever said so or not. I have a good picture saved to my phone in case I ever forget, lol.

unnamed.png

Wrangellian

Thanks, that's what I was looking for.   :tiphat: